Problem with fuel Gauge

Hi,
I am new to this forum and have been browsing through some threads and find this forum great. Anyway I think I have a problem with my fuel gauge as today I put £10 of fuel in because I had the needle on red and it seem to have gone to just under a quarter of fuel im not sure if this is a correct reading. Also I have drove about 5 miles and the fuel meter is now between the quarter mark so I don't know whether there is a fault or not. One last one I have noticed is that the fuel gauge needle sometimes goes 5mm under the red. And how many miles do I have left when the need is in red.
Thanks
Andy

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Quater of a tank 10 quid sounds about right mate, also how long had it been in red as you'll eat at the reserve which will then need topping up before it even comes out of red! If I drive mine hard I can knacker a tenners in a few miles

OP
OP
andybeech
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and it has been in red for about a day but I usually make sure I get fuel before it goes in to red.
What is the problem with needle going under the red then.
Thanks
Andy

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
quart tank for ten! i got to go to your petrol pump
yesterdays 10'er is todays 20
around 40-50 miles should be good from the needle touches on the red min mark
i seen the needle going up and down also. weird init?

OP
OP
andybeech
Right ok, thats alright then and oh right Redditch Tesco or morrisons cheaper. Ok awesome thats good to know thanks and yea it is a bit strange.

OP
OP
andybeech
oh right, yesterday my fuel gauge was under the red and I managed to get to and from my parents then ran out of fuel when trying to start it up in the morning. So not quite sure how much fuel I have I put about £15 in which is 1.33 per liter and it says its still red???

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
under the red definatly means soon dead
top up when needle has just touched red
be care full their not that accurate,but good enough