Fuel gauge problem.:s Please help?!

I got a problem with my fuel gauge. It's not reading properly. I can't explain myself but these pictures can tell you. :)

I can't work out my mpg. :( it is so annoy so I need to fix this problem badly.

Does anyone got this problem before? How can I resolve this problem?

Cheers
Jk

5a5uveje.jpg
dega3ura.jpg
4u8e8y2e.jpg
dapusena.jpg
ha3ety5e.jpg
hu6e8uzu.jpg
uguzunyp.jpg
ybe6ype2.jpg
pugu7e4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does frank. I normally put £20 petrol all the time. It was stable on the half full until 60/70miles then drop to the last bar. When this needle reach to the last bar then it was playing around like these pictures above. (Up and down)

I went to Bristol recently so I put full tank. It don't look right. :s It was happen to me when I get full tanks.

eteja4y8.jpg
3a9u3ydu.jpg

The fuel gauge is a strange one on our micras bud. Fill it up and it does not move for 70 miles, then pop....you're on half full.
Go on a bit further and it stays where it is for a good few miles, then pop down it goes again - weird.
I'd try and put a few more quid in to get it above its funny spots. See what happens.;)

Same with mine. Drove 90 miles to Somerset after filling the tank and the needle didn't move from maximum. On the 90 mile return trip though, it had gone down to 3/4 full by the end.

I just warm up my car for about 10mins now. :( This is so worst now.
ymusegy9.jpg

Fuel sender unit? So is it easy job to replace another good used fuel sender unit?

I mean I never get fuel light on when it's almost empty fuel tank. It won't be work with this faulty fuel sender unit? I need to get 5l canister tank to back up for any incase happen.

I was just thinking :) since I touched your car it is slowly coming apart :)

It was so perfect running before you know. Right now, it's not good running so I need to sort out with timing ign, throttle body, sensors and my spark plugs are too sooty. :s

Back