Fuel gauge not working. Help please.

Hi guys,

I am new here. I ve seen this awesome forum and i thought (since i acquired my first car (micra 1.0L 1990) that you might help me out.

My fuel gauge is not working well. with that i mean that it doesn't show how much fuel i have left. You think it is the fuel sender from the tank or the fuel gauge?

thanks.

First off Check the Fuse - 10 amp, if that's ok, check to see if there's any power going to the Fuel Tank Gauge unit (under rear seat) if there is then consider the unit to be dead or sticking. The Gauge on the dash doesn't usually break.

If it's not the Fuse then it's either the sender unit or a bad earth.

how?

So it seems its something concerning electricity/electronics then. can you show me how can i check those units u told me about micra 110 please?

thanks for the fast reply :) and for the help

Attachments

• PICT0369.JPG
    PICT0369.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 2,909
Sorry for for slow understanding but this is my first car and so don't have that much experience. so basically i have to open up the dials at the driver's front and disconnect and connect the sender signal ?

thanks again m8s

or from the fuel tank? if yes how please?

If you take the send unit out of the tank you will see that the electrical contact is not touching the level sending unit. quite a simple fix,take the unit apart and bend the contact in so when you put it all back together its meeting the contacts on the sending unit,job done.

If you take the unit out of the tank you'll know what I'm on about

L-sit ta 'wara huwa jew miżmuma bi 2 boltijiet jew 2 plastik ilsna fil-qiegħ tas-sedil.

Jekk inti tal-plastik grab ilsna l-aktar parti baxxa tal-sit ta 'wara u Iġbed il-front tas-sedil li mbuttaw ftit u mbagħad iġbed forwards li jirrilaxxa l-parti t'isfel tas-sedil.

---------------------------------------------------
The rear seat is either held in by 2 Bolts or 2 plastic tongues at the bottom of the seat.

If you have the plastic tongues grab the lowest part of the rear seat and Pull the front of the seat upward slightly and then pull forwards to release the bottom part of the seat.

Well I know on the st, the fuel pump and sending unit are one piece and the tank has to be dropped out of the car

If i am not mistaken i've got the plastic tongues. well i'll pull the seat slightly upwards and then pull it forward to release the seats.

I''l try it then. THANKS a lot for the help guys. if this doesn't work i ll seek out professional help since i ve got no such experience. thanks again guys!

Back