Fuel consumption

I've just done 180 miles before the gauge reached three quarters full, It would be nice if it carried on that way for the remaining three, 720 to a tankfull, if only. It was a very hilly 180 miles so far.

Realistically I hope it will get around 450 miles, I'll be pretty pleased if it does as that's just under 50 mpg.

I've averaged as high as 51.3mpg from my standard 1.3 GX, which was 415miles until the reserve light came on. That was very sensible driving, most of it spent no quicker than 60mph thanks to the glorious M25 ;) Usually getting around 45mpg, as I tend to 'go with the flow' on the motorways.

Still yet to run enough tanks of LPG through the car to get an accurate overall average, so will see what the economy on that is like as a comparison. So far it's averaging around 41mpg.

My dad and I worked out my cars MPG today - 23.4mpg - for a 1.3! :laugh:
Don't worry, I'm doing another run just to make sure!

My dad and I worked out my cars MPG today - 23.4mpg - for a 1.3! :laugh:
Don't worry, I'm doing another run just to make sure!

and there was I thinking young women drivers were steady and sensible, guess I'd better throw that theory out the window :wow:

I got overtaken by an elderly lady in an old Suzuki swift last night, the price you pay trying to get 50mpg out of a Micra :eek:

I dunno, I wasn't exaclt going nuts in it - it's a bit too slow to!
Although I was toying with an MX5 today! :laugh:

around town I get like 36mpg with motorway and some mixed driving I average about 45mpg.

I am like 50% through my lpg conversion so should see about 70 odd miles for a fiver :p. Some people say its not worth it on a micra but hey it gives me an opportunity to learn. I'ved done everything according to the cop11 code.

i hit 420 before the light come on and thats on an engine thats done 125,000 miles and sounds like its never been serviced :p

forgot to add, it was a 1.3 and took £38 to fill

Mines gone down a lot. Time for a service I think.

Or maybe it's the fact I took some of the grommets out the firewall and love the noise my car makes at around 5k rpm :p

Ive never seen my petrol warning light come on, but I think im getting about 300 miles off £30, with a very happy foot, got about 400 on the motorway :)

i got 7000 miles on a tank once on my annual trip to the moon, it was a very nice vacation, i played some golf and mucked around with some american flags, then me and my mate smashed up a satelite, then i headed home, i made sure i used v power though,otherwise i would only of got around 400 to the tank,and that would of seen me out of the earths atmosphere,or is it ionishere,i can bever remember ,aw well..............

Just worked ours out, we've always re-filled at 1/4 full (just before it hits the red line). The car has been sat unmoved for oooo at least 6 months, came up just after Chirstmas from Crewe, so it's a little tight, also we don't get a real chance to get her really warmed up, we've been very happy with the right foot just to loosen her up a little (it was a 30-40mph shopping trolley), she's still a little tight and feels a little restricted even though it's a 1.0, was trying to hit above 90 with her, but, they've just gone and stuck those stupid loose chippings on the road, so no chance of that for a while!

Our current MPG has worked out at 34.25 - not that bad really (Y), but way off our Xantia 1.9 diesel still giving us around 50-ish mpg. :p

haha mike are you drunk

dave do you have msn i wana talk about some n/a stuff fella and i herd you are the man to speak to

I worked out my modded 1.3 was giving me 32mpg all town driving, the 1.9D is giving on average 45 around town and according to stats does 60 on a long run but iv yet to test it.

I chickened out and filled up before the red light came on at 406.5 miles and put in 39.5 litres meaning I only had 2.5 litres left if the 42 litre capacity is to be believed.

It worked out at 47 mpg, however I didn't make a big effort to brim the tank the first time so the mpg could be a fraction more.

I just need a flat cap now for all this old dodorer driving :eek:

i got 298 miles off a tank in the 10, works out at 43mpg, quite good considering ive got a lead lined right boot and its an 18 year old car/engine with in excess off 100k on it.

Just filled up, even the steep hills in west Yorkshire couldn't dent the economy, worked out at 47.9 mpg for general running about. Slows my van down a fair bit when in tow though.

Picture054.jpg

My old Ally 1.3 used to do around 39-42 depending on motorway journies, most of the week is spent on country roads or town driving so it's not too bad.
Will see how that compares to my new Micra after a few tank fills.

Found an oily dip stick rag rag sucked up and stuck in my air filter box!

I noticed my washer bottle was missing it's cap after a service at Nissan recently. Bought a new one and thought nothing more of it. A few weeks ago when I was fitting a K&N panel, I found the old one in the bottom of the airbox grr.

i got 7000 miles on a tank once on my annual trip to the moon, it was a very nice vacation, i played some golf and mucked around with some american flags, then me and my mate smashed up a satelite, then i headed home, i made sure i used v power though,otherwise i would only of got around 400 to the tank,and that would of seen me out of the earths atmosphere,or is it ionishere,i can bever remember ,aw well..............

:laugh: milkyway lyrics

hi

im getting about 33-35mpg all local driving so not sure how much more i would get if im on motorway. £10 fuel @£1.14 a ltr mines is a 1.3 inspiration so i rekon that might be reasonable for a 12 yr old car, especially with 87000 on the clock!

regards me

Back