Bad fuel consumption on 93 Super S

hey guys, 1st post and im asking for help.. sorry :doh:

well i just upgraded from a 96 K11 1.0 to a Super s.
i realise i'm going to be using more fuel as it's a 1.3, but i seem to be getting
50 miles to 10 litres, ie. 50 miles to 10 quid!

i dont know what MPG that is but surely that cant be right??

and im not even putting my foot down, i've barely gone over 2K revs since i started driving it!
oh, and there is no modifications, as far as i can work out.

is there something wrong?
any help would be appreciated
ta muchly.

maybe try giving the car a service, if that dosen't help anything i think you should try replacing your lambda sensor

sounds very wrong - I get £150 miles to £12 and I have an extremely heavy foot!

As said - damn good service is probably in order, check your tyre pressures, get shut of any unnecessary weight.

Any symptoms of ill running other than the poor mpg?
Any Mayo in the oil filler cap?
Does it run hot?

As said - damn good service is probably in order, check your tyre pressures, get shut of any unnecessary weight.

Does it run hot?

You get £150 to £12? That's a very bad deal hahahaha!

I assume you mean 150miles to £12? That's around 58mpg...............with a 'heavy' right foot?........that also sounds very wrong ;)

You get £150 to £12? That's a very bad deal hahahaha!

I assume you mean 150miles to £12? That's around 58mpg...............with a 'heavy' right foot?........that also sounds very wrong ;)

lol, aye miles to pounds there.... my bad.

Well if I'm just thrashing the car on short journeys about 100 miles to a tenner usually - mixed driving 150 miles to about £12, and solid motorway journeys at a constant 70 about 200 miles to £12 - or to put it another way I can do Hull to Blackpool and back (260 miles round trip) on £25 and easily have fuel left for another 20 miles or so...

...It's 'cos my baby micra loves me more than yours loves you :D

Does it run hot?

yeah i'll probs have to service it very soon.
all my tyre pressures are good.
and no mayo in the oil filler cap
and temp is fine.

and yes my handbrake is off thankyouverymuch lol
my brother is a porsche approved panel beater/sprayer and a qualified mechanic so i'll probably just ask him to look at it, didnt really want to but oh well lol.
Thanks for the help, David.

yeah i used to do about 120 to 10L in my 1.0 cos i drive like a granny..
i think it might actually be my fuel gauge, it seems to keep going up and down all the time.
yesterday it was in the red, then i put 20 quid in, 99.9p so roughly 20 Litres.
It then shot up to 3/4 of a tank! then as i was driving home it raised up to nearly full, done 25 miles since then and its gone back down to less than 3/4's fwn

might have to get a new sender?

Back