fuel consumption diff between CG13 and CG10

CMF_CENTI

» CMF Member
my friend's micra is a CG13, mine is a 1.0, how come ours is almost the same consumption around 13-15kms/liter city drive...

or maybe i messed up the way i measured...any suggestions?

is there really big difference between the two models in terms of gas mileage/consumption?

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
the 1 litre would have to work harder than the 1.3l.
so even though it needs less petrol at any given rpm it would need more rpms to maintain speed or accelerate.

also depending on if its man or auto.

Then the model of your car plus the differing options (powersteering a/c, sunroof etc)the super s weighs about 855kg,a lx is 810kg,where the slx is 835kg.

The way you drive will greatly change your economy.

But there are many, many factors:

Such as the type of fuel you use (95 octane I have found to get the best results in terms of economy)
as will the oil viscosity (type/age) in the engine & gearbox.
Tyre pressures
Wheel size and weight has effects too.

so service your car, change all the fluids, put some extra wind in your tyres, drive sedately and the economy will improve.

i'm currently averaging ~6l/100km -> 15.5km/l with heavy traffic city driving

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
It's all in how and where you driving...

Right now I'm struggling to keep my mileage under 7L/100kms, but I live on a mountain, does not matter how I drive, the climb home for me is a mileage killer...

Though what I have noticed with the Micra, it's 'very' good in the city traffic, I'm actually constantly surprised how good, and last time I had it on the highway it did fantastic, though with the city and burbs it's easy to ruin that mileage if you have a heavy foot...

And 1L or 1.3L, I have seen the official ratings, not a heap of difference in them really, it's pulling the same weight, run the 1L harder cause it feels slower and it's easily going to do what the 1.3L can do, common issue seen on many cars that put tiny engine options in some models...

Back