Right… I can’t believe I’m doing this…

Batch

Ex. Club Member
I’m thinking of selling the Micra. Due to getting a new job down in Oxfordshire and having no-where to store the car, I’m really going to struggle to finish the project to the standard I want.

Hence I am enquiring as to what people would be inclined to offer for the Micra as it is. I will be as honest as I possibly can below, regarding the current condition of the project and where I think changes would need to be made to make it a daily driver as such. Currently it does not have an MOT but we are working towards this and it should hopefully pass after xmas.

As it stands the Micra drives fine really, albeit a lot quicker than most Micras :)

The engine is situated well, the near side drive shaft is angled slightly backwards but the bearing system at the gearbox end of the shaft has been modified to provide relief to the shaft. This has eliminated a slight knocking which could be heard previously.

Qualities.

1. Front Pulsar coilovers
2. Front Pulsar brakes
3. Modified Almera GTi driveshafts
4. Full stainless exhaust system roughly 3” all the way through from the downpipe.
5. Pulsar clocks (not currently mounted)
6. It will have Super S front and rear seats fitted
7. Boot mounted Battery
8. Toad Ai606 alarm re-wired in to the Pulsar loom
9. Central locking
10. Front mount intercooler (nice and big :) )
11. Detachable steering wheel
12. Baileys dump valve
13. FSE fuel pressure regulator
14. Fox 5 alloys with hancook directional tyres good tread
15. Pulsar engine had only covered 60k :)

Problems.

1. The clutch is slipping due to it being only made for 150bhp and the block is pushing more like 250bhp, I’m told a JGY 6-puck clutch from USA will easily hold the power and costs around £200 (thank god for cheap dollar atm)
2. The nearside sill is starting to rust a little at the back and could do with a plate welding on.
3. The coilovers are a little hard at the front and either need releasing up a little or new ones.
4. Other than these things, just some tidying up work needs to be done really to get it on the road, a bit of welding work here and there. The engine bay could do with being seam welded otherwise it will start showing signs of stress in 6 months or so due to the power.
5. It needs a new drivers side door and wing due to rust at the bottom of the panels
6. The bodywork could do with a bit of a clean up or a re-spray possibly but for a car of it’s age the bodywork is wearing extremely well.
7. It is not registered currently as a 2.0 but apparently doing this is just a case of noting it on the V5 and sending it to VOSA which wont cause any problems.

If I think of more I’ll add it later but really for a conversion of this type and complexity it really has come out better than I could of hoped! Just due to my current circumstances I can’t really find anywhere to house it for the remaining work to be done!

Plus in between me typing this and you reading it I’ve probably bought more bits and pieces to go in to the project pot :)

I also have the bodykit in the back garden which can either go in with the sale or sold separately. If it goes in with the sale some work will need to be done by a bodyshop to fit it, namely re-positioning the intercooler which shouldn’t be a problem for them.

I suppose all that’s left to say is I welcome all of your comments, by all means PM me if you would like more information or to make an offer. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money getting it to where it is, but obviously being a project I don’t expect to re-coup all or even most of that as I know you never really get your money back where projects are concernd.

Thanks for reading guys.

p.s. I can send pics etc if required although they can all be found in my update thread in the K10 section of the forum.

I know, if i was still working in Birmingham it would be easier to get it all finished up. So close to show season too!

Sorry to hear this mate. I know what its like when corcumstances change and you can no longer go through with it. Hope it goes to a good home and gets finished anyway!!! Good luck with whatever you decide and the new job!!!

so let me get this right...

is it running perfect? does it just needs finishing off here n there.....

So is it road worthy to drive away or will it need towing?

how much?

That's right.....i can't believe it myself :(

Currently it is not MOT'd and will need some bits and pieces doing to it to to get it on the road, sill welding mainly, just a 2 inch squared section at the back left.

It would probably need towing as it is currently but when it's all been fettled after xmas it should be MOT'd and ready to go.

As for price, PM me and i'll run through what it has cost me and how much ish i'd be looking for.

Same goes for anyone who is genuinely interested

Back