Fse regulator or Ga16's?

I had a discussion with my mate who i go to alot for stuff on my car (He has his own workshop and owns x3 drift cars)

He reckons a FSE fuel regulator would be a better option then fitting the Ga16 injectors??

Im running a Cg13de with 2mm head skim...Ga16 air box...and part Janspeed system.

What do you guys rekon??

JAS

a few members have fitted the 1.6 injectors then offered them for sale a week later fwn and my red k11 would,nt start with them fitted unless i pulled the injector fuse first :eek: (ie, flooded)
but other members have posted that the stock injectors underfuel at mid or high revs by 30 %

Would fitting a adjustable fuel pressure regulator be a good option??

more pressure in the rail should deliver a bit more fuel at wide open throttle yeh, but ED (fusion) has posted a couple of times that the k11 ecu is in closed loop in entirety, so i think you need to take the car to a dyno and get an a/f/r printout tbh jas

I have an FSE regulator with psi/ilb gauge which is no use to me, am looking to sell!! only used once when i had my bmw on the rollers hitting 480 bhp for bench testing then took it off, but will need the adapter part that connects to the fuel rail where the original FPR is bolted on, i think the adapter costs around 12 quid...

J

i am runniing the 1.6 injectors at the mooment in my 1 litre and i love them but i did have both fsr and 1.6 injectors at the same time and that was just thirsty! but you can gain the same performance gains from having either.

Hmm i think it may just be a trial and error kinda thing. Altho i will probly go to a rolling road session with either items fitted just to see what the outputs are doing.

Just a quick question, by fitting 1.6 injectors on a 1.3, what will the car run like? more power?would it run better and would you feel any performance in this mod?

Cheers

J

Frank has already mentioned what others have experienced. Its been covered loads of times aswell. Try the search button

Just a quick question, by fitting 1.6 injectors on a 1.3, what will the car run like? more power?would it run better and would you feel any performance in this mod?

Cheers

J

When I fitted mine there was a definite power increase in the mid - high end range. However the car struggled to start (took about 10 seconds of key turning) and it ran crap at low speeds.

Back