Front wipers not moving!

Hi
55 Micra SE 1.2

My front wipers have ceased to move at all, they don't even jiggle a little and try to move.
The washer and rear wipers work fine.

Is it a fuse problem? I've looked at both fuse boxes and neither have an obvious wiper fuse so I'm quite confused!

I am selling so really need to get it fixed asap (and cheaply!!)

Thanks

here's a tip re the windscreen wipers linkages. go to a scrap yard, find a nissan micra, note or almera something with the same ball joint. using some wire cutters, cut the thin metal ring enveloping the plastic ball cup. carefully bend the metal out of the way and pop out the plastic ball cup.

on the micra's linkage using the wire cutters, cut the metal at the thinest part at the end of the metal linkage. bend one side of the cut up and the other down, slowly or it'll work harden the metal. once you've bent it enough, you can remove the offending plastic ball cup. pop in the newer one from the scrapper. slowly bend back the metal ring and ensure it seats in the groove. pop back and and revel in the fact it cost 50p and not £140!! i did ours at 80k and still going strong on the same ball cup....i got four from the almera for 50p.....bargain.

edit: you don't need to do anything to the cut, the ring is strong enough not to need it welding / glueing.

Back