Front wipers wont turn off!

K11 L reg 1.3LX

Car went in for MOT lastweek, failed on brakes and break pipe which i thought it would as it was on the advisorys from last mot. Then garage owner rings me and tells me it failed on wipers too as they wont switch off. This happened lastime and i had wiper motor replaced, and the stalk for wipers changed. both didnt do anything and it turned out to be a fuse i think "not sure as i wasnt the owner on the last mot" .. Read on the net that it could be a damp in the water pump for the wipers because i read that if you turned on rear wipers front wipers would go off which would indicate a water pump problem. "Tried this lastyear when i first got the car and it worked" Told the mechanic this but looked at me like i was an alien. Am to pick up my micra on tuesday and am expecting a hefty man hours bill ... any suggestions please :(

Not read this anywhere but from experience with other cars it's usually a relay or the auto park on the motor. Perhaps it was a 2nd hand one fitted and that's failed too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanics looking at it today, told me he's done the brake discs and there was one other thing he had to look at "i had to tell him it was the wipers" ..

Just seen this on How to mend it!
I just had exactly the same problem with my K12 Micra, however, when I dried the pump out out on the radiator overnight, it worked the next morning when I refitted it, but the problem returned later that day. In my case I think that the water must have been getting into the motor from the washer reservoir rather than an external source (e.g. rain).
I fitted a new pump and everything is now working correctly.

Back