Fox Performance Exhaust System

Hi! Upon browsing eBay I came across this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOX-Compl...K12-1x90-mm-/351292629944?hash=item51caac23b8

And am tempted by it. Has anyone here got this system or know whether it's any good? It's expensive (for me) so doubt I'll actually get it ever. I like that it's specifically for the car so fitting would be straight forward (minus manky rusty old bolts) and that it comes with the centre section also, so should make a noticable improvement to performance & sound.

The car (1.2) is quite sluggish at pulling off (even with K&N induction kit) so it would hopefully serve practically and not just for appearance/sound aspect.

Just wanting peoples thoughts on this system, or even just if the brand is good if anyone has experience with other exhausts of theirs.

Thanks!

I wouldn't bother if I was you tbh. Just cut out the muffler in the middle of the exhaust, weld a straight pipe onto it and then take your old backbox, cut the exhaust pipe as close to the backbox as you can so you keep as much of the pipe as possible and then attach any muffler that takes your fancy :) Greggson make 2 or 3 different exhausts for the Micra and I would recommend them, but I simply did what I described above and then bought a performance 3" muffler similar to those you might find on a Ford Focus and bolted it up and it fits fine, sounds great and has made the car accelerate better :D not much better and not like :eek: better, but still better than it was stock

Thanks for your input raptor...

Yep, I agree with what you've said, like I said above I wasn't seriously considering buying it as it's pricey.

Had been considering what you said prior to finding that system, just getting universal back box, cutting old off and welding new on the old pipe. Only bother is the bumper may need trimming to allow it to exit. I'd probs leave the cat chopping though as unlike you I'd have emissions on annual mots to worry about!

Yeah, yours does sound great in that vid you uploaded in your thread! They're too quite stock, sometimes forget it's running at idle!

Anyway, exhaust 'modding' is down on the to do list atm, check engine light came up yesterday so have to figure that out!

It's always something haha you'd honestly be shocked at how inexpensive full catback exhausts are in the US! For example, a full 4.5" exhaust for a '97 Acura Integra is £100 :eek::eek::eek: unbelievable what prices you can get when there is serious competition and mass production involved ...

Back