Got My Exhaust System fitted, but help!!

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
I got my Janspeed system fitted, kindly supplied by Chie. So I just picked the car up from getting it done, started it up, nice sound - gave it a rev and when you hit the accelerator there is a "spitting" sound coming from it, kind of like if you have a stone in your tyre, only really fast - it only happens when your press the throttle.

I took it for a drive - it doesnt feel any faster, ok I am running a standard airbox just now so that might contribute. Aswell as this they said I needed a new exhaust gasket (they sealed it up the now the best they could), can anyone help me here, do they have a good condition one they would sell? And how much are they new and where from, aswell as that one of the manifold bolts is missing :S anyone also have any of these spare.

Hope its worth it in the end.

it will be mate. it wouldnt be modifying if it was easy. its probably just blowing thats all. dont worry. i posted where you can get the gasket and bolts in the other thread. after that i suggest getting a panel filter and bigger intake pipe. dont let this kinda thing get you down mate

Thanks for the help, I will go and get an gasket & bolt, wont try Nissan for the gasket as I will get robbed,lol.

I have had a k&n sitting in my room for ages now so Im going to be making up an induction kit for it and having it behind the headlight.

Ian said:
um, do you not have local discount stores ? :S

Got local car shops, wouldnt say they are discount however. I know a guy that can get me things at trade cost, but by the time I actually get it would be next year,lol.

Go to Nissan for them as they aren't actually to bad on price.

Once you have the Gasket on - make sure that the full system is sealed - as you'll lose power from it if not.
If you can - bring the car down here and i'll stick the 1.6 tb on it for you - then you'll notice the difference. Have also got some induction stuff lying about so can use that also.

Back