bike cans on 1.3 k11?

hello, hope you all a nice christmas.

i was just wondering if anyone has fitted a bike exhaust to a k11 micra. If so did it sound any good, improve or restrict performance (throttle response) etc.
I'm only thinking of doing this as i have 2 carbon fibre ducati monster cans just lying around. Was going to one on my mini but thats off the road atm.

otherwise what are peoples opinions on savage backboxes?
does this belong to anyone on here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfaAdVBAgCk cos i think it sounds mint, what size tip is it?

I would've gone with janspeed or ashley exhausts but i wouldn't be suprise if my engine blows up soon lol.

As always all help and advise will be much appreciated,
thanks in advance :)

Cant speak from experience but most badboy boxes that replace the factory backbox all sound pretty similar if the rest of the exhaust is still stock.

If you can do a good job then go for it but if its performance your interested in, your better off looking at a janspeed manifold etc. first as backboxes alone generally dont make a difference.

Any pics of the cans?

not really after a performance increase just slightly better sound and looks.
And i'll probably get a friend to do it and may also cut the center cat out and replace with a straight pipe or something.

When i first had the car, it used to rev really well (and sounded ok at low revs when the backbox started blowing lol), as soon as there was a new (standard) backbox and center pipe put on it, the micra imediately felt very restrictive. cos i remember before it was changed, it could rev to about 60mph in second, then go to 85 in third quite quickly, but now feels as if its struggling abit, weather i was issued a 1.0 backbox, i dont know.

anyone else?

When i fitted a bike exhaust I noticed it popped as you let the throttle off, I guess this means there was less back pressure, my exhaust came off a ninja and had a built in cat too.

Back