Acc wire

Right, so I refitted my carpet and added a boot and fuel cap release yesterday, went out to get parts today and found out that the speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, rev counter and radio do not turn on..

Had a search in the fuse boxes and found nothing, had a quick look at the main wiring looms and saw nothing obvious, like a screw in the wrong place or nothing, and I am completely confuzzled as to the problem, anyone know of any areas common to catch the wire or what colour the acc wire is?

I connected a switch to the radio switched live and it turned straight on so it is must be a joint problem.

Thanks in advance.

Right, so I refitted my carpet and added a boot and fuel cap release yesterday, went out to get parts today and found out that the speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, rev counter and radio do not turn on..

Had a search in the fuse boxes and found nothing, had a quick look at the main wiring looms and saw nothing obvious, like a screw in the wrong place or nothing, and I am completely confuzzled as to the problem, anyone know of any areas common to catch the wire or what colour the acc wire is?

I connected a switch to the radio switched live and it turned straight on so it is must be a joint problem.

Thanks in advance.
If you can get hold of the Haynes manual for your car, they have all the wiring schematics near the back.

Got one coming out bud, I ordered that at the weekend, it's just a bit.. un-nerving not knowing how little fuel is left, hence why I have filled it up so I know I'm safe for about 150 miles, not that I know if I have done 150 miles :L

Got one coming out bud, I ordered that at the weekend, it's just a bit.. un-nerving not knowing how little fuel is left, hence why I have filled it up so I know I'm safe for about 150 miles, not that I know if I have done 150 miles :L
You'll get 250+ on a full tank.....no problems.

To be blunt, I am a twat. Does anyone know what wire is the permanent live to the dash cluster? colour preferably :)

I should have known that I had a switched live from the beginning, Normally when you open the door the mileage is on display ready, as it currently is Mileage only comes on when you flick the key (Not normal) Plus when I flick the key I can visibly see the dials try to flick up (obviously a sign the switched live is working) And, just to back it up, the wire I put my New "switched live switch" on for the radio is actually the permanent live. Lucky I worked this out before I started pulling her apart, else I would have been looking in exactly the wrong place.

Around town driving I'll average about 200, But it is not currently completely filled up, I plugged the computer into her Monday after the engine management light came on and I showed me exactly how much fuel I did not have, so I just put £35 in her to try and be safe, normally I put 35 in her from just under the top of the red, (habbit of hating my fuel light on from my old cluster) but the bulb on my new one does not work :)

I'm clutching at straws here and I'm certainly NOT an expert, but could it be a dodgy ignition relay?

Looking at the Haynes schematics, it does look like a relay connects power to the dashboard. Whether that's illumination only or for unit function, I'm not savvy enough to figure it out :(

Back