Loose Clutch Pedal

D

danbaylis

Hello,

Just a quick question, we have just had the clutch changed in my girlfriend's 1994 (M) 1.0 16V Micra, the bite point is fine on the new clutch and it works fine, but the now the clutch pedal has hardly any pressure beyond the bite point i.e. you can press it down with your finger with no pressure.

The mechanic is a good friend and he's said he's just adjusted but it's still loose, he thinks the clutch cable might of stretched over time as he can not think of any other things to adjust. He's getting me a price today for a new cable, but I thought I'd post on here in case there's a cheap/easy fix etc.

The garage where he works has 3 K11 Micra's as courtesy cars and 2 of them have good clutches and suffer the same problem, they've never got to the bottom of it.

Speedy replies would be appreciated before we spend any more money.

Thanks

Dan

No it was fine, by the car being slow from where is was slipping. I guess it is an 11 year old cable so maybe over time its just warn down.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

Dan

my pedal is loose too mate, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I posted about it on here and everybody seemed to have a loose clutch.

Back