Forced Engine Bay Pics

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Thats a lovely setup mighty, very original and should work well! The amount of air flow around that area is massive when moving.

At the end of the day with the flywheel bhp thing, its just a wheel figure then they add like 22% or something for transmission loss, so surely they had the wheel figure first anyways? Just adding a percentage is no way to do it really!

At the end of the day what does BHP matter anyways? Surely 1/4 mile is a better comparison? Just because your car is 400bhp blah blah blah doesnt mean it will be any better than a 200bhp car on a 1/4 mile strip if you take the example to the extremes! :-D

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah and I'm the worst culpurate of that thesedays.
I've never done an official quarter mile run.
Again, I'm a bit selfish and can't be stuffed doing any of that until I'm perfectly happy with my car, but that will be forever! Track days in particular, because the handling is way too front heavy now, so this moving the battery and getting a lighter cooler etc will be good in the fight against all that.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah your setup is looking good mighty. Very simple and direct. Absolutely minimal lag with that.

cisco

» CMF Member
I've found a cooler for sale exactly the same as Gareth's by the look of it. They look like a great cooler, just good enough size and dimensions for my car and needs. Plenty of cooling rows, decent enough surface area without being too huge, going to get one and give it a go. Will be a completely new mounting position and should tidy up my pipework a whole lot. Nice end tanks and decent dimensions.

Also has 3" inlet and outlet pipes, so I'll just probably reduce those down to 2" with a nice smooth bell type fitting on each side.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
looks like the smallest hybrid style on offering, a good design although I would prefer tube and fin over bar and plate for a smaller capacity (hp) motor.

ultimately, a cooler with short row length is going to be nice and efficient. Race cars have tubes/bars that are vertical, with large long end tanks, meaning lots of tubes/bars.

having a long intercooler with horizontal bars/tubes and small end tanks is not going to be efficient, more of a restriction than anything!

this is a cool thread!

smidge

» CMF Member
damn :( only other thing i miss about thi forum is no email notifications... that and the old piccys and i'd be a pig in poo thats happy

Back