For those waiting for K10 strut braces...

Right, got a lump of metal through the post this morning. Unfortunately the boss has burglarised my weekend so on my next day off I'll build a brace.

I am ready to accept orders for rear braces if anyone is interested. The cost is £25 plus P+P I'll get a quote for P+P when I get home.
The rear brace is a straight bar with angled ends that bolts to the top of the rear suspension turrets.

Aluminium of course, I'll get a pic up when I make one, unfortunately I only have 1 length of aluminium ATM and I need that for the front brace) so I'll take a pic of what it'll be made from and draw a diagram of what it'll look like.
I need a pic and measurements of the k11 struts tho as I don't have one to test it on. lol.

Just in case anyone wanted to know what sort of materials I was using check out this pic.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t284/ollyc98/pict0002.jpg
Soz bout the poor picture quality but the dimensions are: 1 x2 x1/8 inches or 50x25x4 mm
image too big

You like?
This is roughly what you will be buying:
Close:
dsc00090.jpg

dsc00091.jpg

I could I suppose but tubes are harder to work with, lol. I wanted the same box section but with rounded edges but couldn't find any.
The square suits the k10 tho I think.

I can do a 2 inch tubular rear brace as that involves no bending lol.
I don't have the facilities to bend pipe yet.

Anyway I need to sort out the welding first, currently all I can do is liquify the metal and burn great holes in it, I'm doin sommat wrong but not sure what, it was working great last week.

The best I can do if you want tubular braces is to make the end plates like this and have it bolted on.
Untitled.jpg

The black bit is the tube, the red bit is the bit that bolts to the turret and the dark blue bit is a bolt.

Dunno if people would want that. Some feedback please?

After much messing around this weekend have discovered I'm just not capable of aluminium welding. I had it perfect but now I'm just burning holes.
Looks like I'll have to put this project off til sometime after xmas when I have the funds to buy a better welder.

So sorry guys, I might make a couple of steel ones still.

Back