For those waiting for K10 strut braces...

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
... I'm going to give TIG welding a bash this weekend, if all is successful aluminium strut braces will be available, at a reasonable price, in the next month or so.

They will be around £30 plus postage depending on what the metal costs me.

Postage will be cheap as they will weigh very little.

Dunno about the super s as I am designing and building it on my standard micra but I will put a pic up and provide measurements if you want so you can check if it fits.

I need to find a supplier that will get me the metal for the right price.
As I can't model it on a K11 I will supply the braces without holes drilled, on the K10 ones the holes will be there and it'll be a direct fit.

So am I right in thinking we are up to 5?

Courior
Somersetk1
Wrenchable
Superls (only if they look good)
James

Oh yeah and of course, me.

Righty ho,

It'll have to wait til next month cos it'll cost me almost two hundred in metal and I'm skint at the moment.

Once I have the prototype all done I'll put up some pics and you can all tell me if you still want one.

That's 8 which is good as the more metal I buy the lower the price per length so if I convince my brother he needs one for his ####ron saxo I can do them for £30 without loosing any money lols.

Id like a front 1 aswell, and if i can afford it at the time a rear 1 too :)

Might be able to get a mate with a saxo to order 1 too!

Right here is what I can offer you:
1 inch diameter alloy brace £30 plus P+P (front or rear)
2 inch diameter alloy brace £40 plus P+P (front or rear)

Also I guarantee that if the welds should fail, send them back and I will fix them FOC

just so ya'll know you can buy k10 strut braces i did try to suggest a group buy but as usual there was little interest, also nova strut braces fit the k10 you just need to drill holes in the correct place to allow it to fit the strut tops ;)

but your prices are good mate so if they look good ill have one too ;)

Ok, a quick update:
Last weekend I tried welding but the wire I used was too thick and I successfully ******... erm broke.... my welder. So I'm waiting for a few parts and will try again next weekend.

No I used my MIG welder with argon gas and aluminium (5% silicon) wire, maybe that isn't TIG welding, lol. It's worked for a bit but I need thinner wire.

wrenchable, what did you get off ebay? i have been looking on a daily basis and cant find one! was it a K10 specific one?

Well I have taught myself to weld aluminium, all I have to do now is get materials. Should have them done within a month(ish)

You might want to do a recount on who wants them, as those Figaro ones look like a very good alternative!

Yeah well I have just bought some 1x2 inch box section so I'll make one up and start a new thread with some pics and then see who wants them. I don't know how much the figaro ones cost but my price is stayin at £35 plus P+P

Lol ok. How much are the figaro ones? (I might buy one to steal their design....)
Or not, I'll weld the brace while it's on the car to guarantee a good fit.

Mine cost £140 from Japan! so that's still a bargain :)

Stealing a design isnt really necessary, as it doesnt take a genius to see how they're made!

Ok, I'll see if I can't design one, I am currently perfecting the design of the front one to keep the cost down, otherwise I'd be losing money and that's no good, lol.

If I do sell you a rear one I'd have to ask you not to use it as a harness point as I don't want to be responsible for death or injury.

Ok, I'll see if I can't design one, I am currently perfecting the design of the front one to keep the cost down, otherwise I'd be losing money and that's no good, lol.

If I do sell you a rear one I'd have to ask you not to use it as a harness point as I don't want to be responsible for death or injury.

ok No Harnesses involved :)
...i would get a front brace one too but i've just bought one from germany.

Back