Fixing arch rust help

Looking to get my arch rust fixed for the show season coming up but not entirely sure how to go about it.

Would it be sand off surface rust , some filler, smooth that off, then primer and paint?

Also noob question, see respraying it, would you need to redo the full wing or just mask off the primered part and spray?

Any advice would be great!

Whenever I've treated rust I've always used sandpaper and a wire brush to make sure it's all gone.

Also use some hammerite to prevent any more rust appearing for a long time.

Primer and paint well.

As for paint it might need blending into the rest of the paint, you possibly have 10+ years of paint fade.

Whenever I've treated rust I've always used sandpaper and a wire brush to make sure it's all gone.

Also use some hammerite to prevent any more rust appearing for a long time.

Primer and paint well.

As for paint it might need blending into the rest of the paint, you possibly have 10+ years of paint fade.

Ah right cheers!

and what about filler? Only if it needed it?

Thats what I was unsure about with the paint , I mean it doesn't LOOK faded. Then if I redone the full wing then it would stand out from the rest of the cars colour?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Front 2 , one is worse than the other, I'll get pics when im home!

It's only around the arch though? You can have a gander once I put pics up and see what you reckon the easiest option will be!

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
I have done a front wing and a rear arch on mine..
Check out my thread ( lee's micra dot) it might help you out a bit to see what i did..

Back