Fitting Super S Clocks On '96 1L Vibe

i know that fitting to a gx is straight forward, but how is fitting to a vibe, as i have read that you need to run a wire from a blue bit on the engine, for the rev counter to work but i dont have a blue bit anywhere on the engine, battery, dizzy (i think thats what it is...dont really know what is what under the bonnet :)....coming from an aero eng uni student :p)

any help would be really appreciated guys...(and girls)

stew

there are loads of posts about this mod including pics your looking to conect the blue wire from the dizzy and it splices into the rear of clocks, been a while since i did it so to find out what wire it splices onto you will have to do a search on here

there are loads of posts about this mod including pics your looking to conect the blue wire from the dizzy and it splices into the rear of clocks, been a while since i did it so to find out what wire it splices onto you will have to do a search on here

have looked at a few, they are either showing the blue bit to splice onto, which i cannot find to save my life...and i have spent hours under the bonnet recently tidying it up, and the others have pics which dont load and show the ?

my vibe has the blue/black wire going to the dash already wired, have you tried the clocks yet ?

not yet, was just wondering how easy a vibe would be before i bought them!

think i will just buy them see if i can easily fit them if not, im sure i will be able to sell them on for the same price i paid :D

and as i have said somewhere before, i am not the most advanced when it comes to fitting stuff to my car, i think the only thing that i have changed has been the front mains/side lights because the yellow tinge was getting on my nerves ;)

dont give up
many people have fitted the rev clock-either dizzy wire or from the ecu
so take your time to do it

dont give up
many people have fitted the rev clock-either dizzy wire or from the ecu
so take your time to do it

i wouldnt rush, its just trying to find which wire to splice onto, as i cannot find a blue wire out of my dizzy, just 2 black wires and i dont even know where my ecu is or what to splice onto that.

cheers for these 2 links, probably gonna wire them up to the ecu, as i cant find the blue wire on the dizzy.
will the clocks have the wires attached to them for me to just wire up, or will i need to remove the old wires and re-solder them to the new clocks.
havnt taken my clocks of yet so dont know what is behind them or how to remove old ones and put new ones in

stew

Picked up the clocks this morning, changed speedo's over, fitted all my wires in the back and it already had the rev loom on teh plug at the back (looking at one of the other threads for the pic of which pins are for rev counter) but i think it is not wired up to my ecu, as the rev counter is not working.

can anyone please take a picture of where i need to wire up on the ecu to get it working.

i cant do it via the dizzy, as i have no blue wire from it, just 2 (or 3 cant remember how many now) black wires no blue ones.

would be really appreciative if someone could do this for me

stew

Hi

I fitted a set of instruments with a tacho yesterday. This is what I had to do to fit the instruments to a 94 1.0L. Fit the new instruments and plug in the speedo cable and electrical socket. There are two thin wires that exit sleeving briefly before going into the top of the dizzy. One (black on mine) comes out of the sleeving and is then connected to what looks like a capacitor, from there it goes to the dizzy. The second (black/blue)comes out of the sleeving and then goes straight into the dizzy. I scraped some insulation off the blue black wire and soldered a wire to it. I slipped inside the sleeving and then led the wire to the grommet where the speedo cable goes through the bulkhead. I pulled the grommet out, pushed the wire through the centre and taped it to a rod that enabled me to push it trough the hole and straight out of the front under the steeing wheel avoiding the pedels before replacing the grommet. Then working inside the car, took off the bottom and bottom right console covers, then led the cable to the left out of the way of the pedels and taped the wire to the cables in the thick sleeving. There is a blue/black wire that comes down in that same sleeving from the tacho and can be seen for about 4 inches before going into a multi-pin plug that pushes into the white multi-plug housing. Scrape off some insulation and solder the other end of the new wire to this bared wire, tape up und you have a working tacho.

The only problem that I now have is that the tacho under reads by perhaps 15% and the speedo over-reads by approx 20%. This leads to a question- is there any difference in the ratio's between the various instruments that were fitted to micra's?

Any comments on this? There have many questions hinting to this is previous threads, but no one as far as I can see has actually posed it.

Porkpie here :p

The wiring at the back of the clocks is already set-up to accomodate the rev-counter clocks, Nissan wisely made all upgrades and optional extras "plug and play" units. I have revised/updated my guide and moved it to it's own thread in the IC Electronics section. I tagged it up too so that it shows up in searches. Anyway here's the link;
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/40661-K11-Pre-Facelift-Rev-Counter-Wiring-Procedures

I tried that dizzy trick back in the day, didn't work. As for wiring it up to the coil... the coil is built into the dizzy so good luck with that one :laugh:

all done now, found blue wire on dizzy, it was black from all the **** in there :D spliced it taped up a piece of wire fed it through passenger footwell gromit up to clocks and then stuffed it into the pi hole for blue/black wire then taped that on as well

all working...at the moment, will solder it when i can find my soldering iron....

cheers for all the help guys especially porkpie, shame i couldnt get it working via ecu :(

Back