Super S clocks not working.

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Okay so I got some Super S clocks to fit to my 98 Pre facelift.

The speedo works fine.

I have figured out that I need to run a blue wire from somewhere to my clocks to get the rev meter working. I don't understand where I need to run it from or where it needs to go to.

Also I get no indication on the dash when I have Full Beam on or when I have my fog lights on.

If people can give me enough advice about how to do this I will try and make a guide for it all with pictures.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Hmm I already have the 2 blue wires going into the back of my clocks though.

1z2owpg.jpg

Now I'm confused..

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
A much simpler and neater solution is to take the signal from the ecu instead of trailing wires all the way in from the engine bay.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Where is my ECU for me to check if these wires are going to the right place?

Those 2 blue wires are the ones that go to the ECU in the models with the rev counter I think. So this means that it should just work straight off?

I think I'm missing something here :(

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Take out the little cubby hole at the bottom of your centre console (you might have to take out your gear gaiter and surround, and the centre console bit to get better access to it) and you'll see a silver box tied down with loads of wires coming out of it.

As for the light situation, try replacing the respective bulbs on the back of the dial set for those lights.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Well I checked all my wires and it was connected at the ECU and at the clocks end.

So I thought maybe there is a break somewhere or something strange is not right.

So I just connected it up from the blue wire on the dizzy.

Works perfectly now.