New throttle body?

CMF_Nismo.denmark

» CMF Member
Hallo fellow Micra fans.

I have seen that some K11 1,3 Micra's can be easy upgrated with a throttle body from a N15 Pulsar.

I have found a dealer in Denmark that has 10 new GA15 engines, (why I dont know.. The 1995 Pulsar 1.5 has never been sold in Denmark) I asked him if I could buy the throttle body and the fuel injecters fra one of the GA15 engines.
He said okay..

But before I buy it I need know from you guys that the GA15 throttle body will fit my CG13 engine.
I have read in the articles on this site that the throttle body switch is an easy power upgrade but I would like to hear fra some of you, who has done this switch.

Are there any issues that needs to be taken care of?
The dealer said the engines name was GA15...are there any difference between this engine and the GA15DE that I have head about on the site?

Thanks for the help and a great Micra site.
greetings from Denmark

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi mate,

Check them out visually. If they're the same design (airflow meter and throttle body in the one unit) then its pretty safe to say that you'll be able to bolt it up to your motor!

Cheers

smidge

» CMF Member
is this an easier solution to us Aussie boys air flow meter problems?

if it bolts up and runs, seems like once programming for the bigger injectors is done, it will be easier to find spare air flow meters when they eventually die

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
No. Its poor fault. Silicon semiconductors and fibreglass PCB's should not be exposed to the temperature variations that they experience when attached to the body of the TB.

The electronics will fail again eventually. Not even millitary grade electronics are capable of lasting much longer in the application nissan's engineers have asked of this device.

I'm no electronics engineer but the person who pointed this out to me is indeed qualified in that feild.

Cheers

CMF_Nismo.denmark

» CMF Member
I am thinking about "cleaning out" the GA15 throttle body for better airflow and then move the airflow meter to another place.
I am shooting for 120-125BHP :)

Yom: I will check out the GA15 throttle body to see where the airflow meter is placed.

I would be great if I could use the GA15 throttle body.

smidge

» CMF Member
what i can't understand is why its not an easy matter of getting just the actual element exposed to the airflow and replace JUST that part... i hate buying whole new electronic components that very very very rarely fail or can be cheaply replaced (resistors, caps etc)

i think that'd be something worth looking into... cause there's no way i'm paying %10 the value of the car on one electronic part

CMF_Nismo.denmark

» CMF Member
Hi.

I just found this picture of my Micra and a friends.

The purple has a 1.6 Pulsar 123BHP and my has a 1,3 engine 110BHP

It was a great day with street race.

Now I hope to gain some horsepowers from the GA15 throttle body

Attachments

• 27940.jpg
    27940.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 48

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
internally the ga15 is about 55-60mm the standard TB is about 40mm. If your gonna split the AFM why not just put in a SR20 TB? they're 60mm as well. BTW does anyone have the pin outs for a GA16 AFM? And of course Yom is right when he says that electronic parts will eventually fail, especially when they are subjected to enviroments outside the 'envelope', remember when memory cards were only warranteed for 90 days?

CMF_Nismo.denmark

» CMF Member
I have put the GA15 Throttle body project on hold, as I am not sure how much work that goes into it. I think that I will also need the following part for it to really work.
- bigger fuel injecters,
- another fuel pressure control valve
- an APEXi air fuel controller

If any one here that has done some TB project, I would be glad to here what is needed for it to get full effect.

Thanks for the comment on my Nismo decoration ;-)

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
you can do the t/b without doing the other stuff, if you have standard exhaust. If u have done exhaust work then get some primera injectors from the wreakers. I use the Jaycar DFA kit and works fine, I know its not the ultimate bit of kit but it works. I think this has to be the easiest/cheapest mod u can do with good results going.

Back