Fitting a 4-2-1

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I posted this over on my blog, but it might also be worth posting here :)

So here is my new toy, it cost me £30 from a scrap yard.
aky1om.jpg

Having a bit of trouble fitting it. As it is, it wont go over the anti-roll bar at the front and it also wont separate :( I'm off to work for a couple hours so for now I gave it plenty of WD40 in the hope it'll free something up.

I'm reluctant to undo the ARB as I fear I wont be able to put it back on.

Anyone got any tips?

I got this from a k11. Weirdly the only one in the whole yard. No caps as it had horrible aftermarket alloys..

The one it was on didn't have an anti roll bar and was much easier to remove

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

You will struggle to get that on in one piece with the rad & alternator still on mate as well... maybe try soaking some oil into the joints over night first & also where the sleeved joints are clamped nock the clamps out of the way totaly and open up the sleeves with a hammer and chisel :)

P.S bargin at £30 though!

I'd be tempted to get a blow torch and wd40 on the joints...knowing how much fight they sleeves can put up, even when they've been on the car for a small amount of time.

Not a bad find though :D

Managed to fit the 4-2-1 today, took many hours and lot of swearing doing it myself.

The car is starting to bog down at low revs and very hesitant pulling away, seems to idle ok. I'm suspecting a blocked fuel filter as fuel was very low and it has been on the axle stands all day!

The lambda sensor also looks pretty bent, would this affect it? I can fit the sensor from my original manifold.

get rid of the old 02 sensor , if its bent its probally damaged, thats why it will be running like crap, maybe drawing air in giving it a false reading.

For now it's unplugged and car runs fine it seems.

I've noticed a wire has been cut from it and is bare so def needs changing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Back