Fitting 1.6 to K11?

Nicon_23 fitted them for a reasonable £350
Custom drive shafts...£cant remember
Chassis modification £450

it will cos you about £1200 but it will take a lot of work there is one just sold for just £1000 (look for 1600 in your search and it is in the buy and sell section) you will see the work done on it...

detox said:
Nicon_23 fitted them for a reasonable £350
Custom drive shafts...£cant remember
Chassis modification £450

it will cos you about £1200 but it will take a lot of work there is one just sold for just £1000 (look for 1600 in your search and it is in the buy and sell section) you will see the work done on it...

£1200 - easy tiger. Shouldn't cost that much.

£350 - good price for fitting
Driveshafts - will need custom yea - but not too expensive.
Chassis Mod - What? Nothing needs changed. You'll need a custom mount made, but thats it. No other chassis work is needed.

You also want the loom from the car to make it run ok, and also a Power boost Valve to sort Fueling 100%.
And you'll need a different Radiator ad the GA16 one won't fit, and i think the CG13 one is too small.

Speak to Rik about his conversion, he knows his stuff about it. Also, if your really stuck PM me, or get me on MSN and i'll get Nicon_23's details to you. He can help with any aspect of it as Rik will tell you. Belive he told him how to wire his up over the phone, while he was late for work!
A very skilled Mechanic, and a Gentleman also.

Titch :kungfu:

IIRC the water pump can foul on the chassis leg and needs cutting t ogive necessary clearance.

Chasis work is needed if using 1.6 engine and 1.6 gearbox, j.a.kelly had it done without the work and the water pulley caused trouble and RIK has done chasis work too

titch u stand corrected on this one!! lol

Rik and I had to have the chassis modified - and yeh its the water pump pully which fouls the chassis leg!!

Rik did his before fitting the engine, i had mine done after (not advisable) and cost a fortune to have a bodyshop invert the chassis leg to retain its strength...not really summat u wanna jus cut yourself coz its a huge part of the cars strength.

JK

and actually...it can very quickly add up to £1200...

you gotta get the engine/box/loom too, then its prob sensible to uprate the brakes, suspension etc. i think 1200 is a realistic figure tbh. If my car was 'perfect' then it would be worth a lot more, the bodywork is it's main let down i guess, n jus needs the loose ends tying off

but NeX has bagged himself a bargain and im gonna miss the car so much :-(

JK

which mount needs changed wen puttin the 1.6 in. how do u modify the chasis leg, wot needs 2 b done? ive been told by a company thy can fit the engine nd box for £400 nd nothin needs change the 1.6 jus goes straight in? much appreciated if sum1 cud giv me sum advice. thanx

If they say they can do it straight in for £400 let them do it, they will need to make modifications, just make sure you get a written contract for the price and work ;)

cheers m8. but if i wos goin 2 do it myself how hard r the modifications nd wot exact modifications do i hav 2 make? its just the place tht offered 2 do this i dont really trust thm nd wudnt fell 100% safe drivin the car after.

adam ss said:
cheers m8. but if i wos goin 2 do it myself how hard r the modifications nd wot exact modifications do i hav 2 make? its just the place tht offered 2 do this i dont really trust thm nd wudnt fell 100% safe drivin the car after.

you need to be able to make new mounts and modify the gear linkage/chasis
so you need to weld.. basicly

i have been told off a few ppl that the 1.6 does jus go straight in nd the 1.3 driveshafts fit. and the 1.6 engine and box jus sit on the original micra mounts. but im thinkin now its not tht simple.

adam ss said:
i have been told off a few ppl that the 1.6 does jus go straight in nd the 1.3 driveshafts fit. and the 1.6 engine and box jus sit on the original micra mounts. but im thinkin now its not tht simple.

yeah.people say it goes straight in without thinking about it..thers alot of work involved trust me

do u know any1 tht has done like a guide or sumthin 2 puttin a 1.6 in nd can tell me the things tht need 2 b done 2 make it fit? cheers

Rik is your man he made a full post about it
youll have to ask him nicely and he can probs sort you out with a guide

Dude, I'd let a garage do it, unless you're 100% certain with what you are doing, and 100% certain with your welding and chassis modifications. And even then, if you do it yourself, I'd take it to be checked out by a 2nd set of eyes.

I'm comfortable with using things I've welded, but anything regarding safety, or structural integerity should ALWAYS be checked, or done professionally.

i cant find the thread i made with all the pics in...(i dont have them on my comp anymore)

james/admin can you try find the thread for me? it was a pretty big one iirc

j.a.kelly said:
and actually...it can very quickly add up to £1200...

you gotta get the engine/box/loom too, then its prob sensible to uprate the brakes, suspension etc. i think 1200 is a realistic figure tbh. If my car was 'perfect' then it would be worth a lot more, the bodywork is it's main let down i guess, n jus needs the loose ends tying off

but NeX has bagged himself a bargain and im gonna miss the car so much :-(

JK

don't mean to rub it in but... :D:D:D

looking in to wide arch kits for it and maybe a full NME colour scheme.... but i'm not sure if i want a rally car or a stelth car...

cheers 4 tht. tht wos sum gud info bit of a shame the pics didnt wrk but neva mind. so there is no chance the 1.6 wil sit where the 1.3 sits? there has 2 b sum mount modifications?

adam ss said:
cheers 4 tht. tht wos sum gud info bit of a shame the pics didnt wrk but neva mind. so there is no chance the 1.6 wil sit where the 1.3 sits? there has 2 b sum mount modifications?

there has to be mount mods what ever happens but i think i heard somewhere that someone managed to get the 1.6 in without modding the chasis, they just put in custom mounts that held the engine away from the edges...

jus the place tht offered 2 do it 4 400 quid insisted tht the 1.6 jus sits straight in the bay. so the mounts tht need 2 b changed nd welded r the 1 on 4 the gearbox nd the 1 tht sits nxt 2 ur pulleys. i know sum 1 who cud weld thm on but hes not the best r these 2 mounts under real strain or will half decent welds hold it well enough. thanks 4 all this info. lukin 2 buy a primera this weekend 2 get the project started.

adam i have all the bits you need, send me an email...i did exactly this i got a second hand primera with crash damage to the rear and i have all of the parts out of the car ready for a transplant. you could get a real bargin as i want rid! youd need a van to pick it up as its all on a pallet. engine box loom shafts etc etc etc

and i have a rolling shell in good condition with all mounts ready for a new engine, for sale...i 1.6 would drop straight it. NO JOKE

adam ss said:
jus the place tht offered 2 do it 4 400 quid insisted tht the 1.6 jus sits straight in the bay. so the mounts tht need 2 b changed nd welded r the 1 on 4 the gearbox nd the 1 tht sits nxt 2 ur pulleys. i know sum 1 who cud weld thm on but hes not the best r these 2 mounts under real strain or will half decent welds hold it well enough. thanks 4 all this info. lukin 2 buy a primera this weekend 2 get the project started.

lol ask titch how good the welds on the gearbox need to be :)

we are talking 1.6liters of raw power

ide say hire a trailer.buy my shell ready for 1.6..£70
and pop over to davey's fo the engine the same day..........easy as pie (lol ;))

is it jus the bare shell? nd its all ready jus 2 sit the 1.6 in? ill think about tht. av got a big van jus need 2 get me hands on a trailer nd the time off wrk cos a live in sunderland. btw u got any pics of it? cheers

If you do get mounts made up etc, make 100% sure that theu are decent!

I run the cg13 with the primera box and my gearbox mount bolt sheared at 85mph, wsn't fun i tell you...

has it got all the rear axle nd all the brake pipes nd fuel lines. does it need a full interior nd has it still got wiring in the car nd under the bonnet

adam ss said:
has it got all the rear axle nd all the brake pipes nd fuel lines. does it need a full interior nd has it still got wiring in the car nd under the bonnet

got all wires..needs seats..got all fuel lines and brakes

kristian wants it now so ..im waiting for a reply from him

im in bishop auckland so not that far for the engine as well, you could get this all going very cheap. if you buy riks shell ill do you the whole engine box loom etc for £120 ish

sounds gud. is the shell registerd nd has it got like plates on it nd av u got the log book 4 it. u got any pics of it or is there any chance i cud cum down nd hav a look at it? cheers. davey i thought u were from nottingham?

Davey C.. What car is you engine from? Was it the same as RIKs?> or does it matter?

Im picking up Riks old 1.6 so will be interested in this from you? is the GBOX attached to the block??

rik cud u email me sum pics of the shell cos am really interested? my ad is [email protected] av bin 2 luk at sum primeras 2day but most av well ova ahundred thousand. cheers m8

jk on ur pic it luks like ur 1.6 wos jus sittin on the original micra mount? is tht right? do u hav any tips on puttin it in cos am putin a 1.6 in my k11. cheers

the mounts were not original, they were a mishmash of a micra and a primera/almera one i think. Maybe one was the same. Im sorry im little help, im sure Rik is more use than me.

JK

lol..the mounts on my car was all modded,

drivers side top.....1.6 engine mount but modded the inner wing to fit larger
mount
passenger/gearbox....cut and shut/strenghtend alot

under carage mount front...used 1.6mount..drilled front cross member strenghtend and used big bolts through the lot!.

under carage mount rear....cut and shut, drilled holed to bolt upto the holes in the shell of the car

Back