fitted cd player now car wont start

hi guys,fitted after market cd/radio at wlkend tapped into the wires of the old plug connector,when came to start car would not turn over! so bump started fine ! next morning same problem wont start unless bumped.
any sugestions?

yea that'seems 2 b whats happening the batterys not that old, so why would it do it? is it the radio? or the way ive wired it up? why would it drain the battery????
it does have a constant red flashing bulb wen u take the face off but cant see that being enough to drain it.

the unit has an ignition live and a perment live,(I guess for the memory)what if I replace the perment live wire with ignition one so there two ignition lives goin to it I guess I loose the preset station/memory will that work?

Yea thats how mines wired. Drained that battery. But I'd rather my car start than it remember what cd track I'm on

Yea thats how mines wired. Drained that battery. But I'd rather my car start than it remember what cd track I'm on
is there a reason y the after market cd/radio does it?( ie is its faulty,or jst draws more power than original) as never had a problem with the original Nissan one and that had permant live the same.

My stereo is fine, fitted with an iso adapter.

Does yours have an earth? My plug has an earth, not connected it though

Nissans arial is the earth for aftermarket headunits! you'll find the ground lead is present on new units but not doing anything, when that's sorted it'll run like a charm hopefully!

If you've still got the problem when it came to fitting my aftermarket one , you had to actually read through the manual and work out the combination of which power wires to connect to where , don't know if yours might be similar

Back