Car wont start..Help?! :)

HI,

Just wondered if anyone could shed some light? so this morning i jumped in the car and it started fine, drove approx 3 miles and then stopped at a local spar. On returning to the car unlocked it jumped in.. turned the key in the ignition then nothing... aux lights came on but car will not even crank let alone start.
Car would not start when trying to jump start (connected to a 1.2 corsa) however bump started in reverse almost immediately and ran fine until i got home and turned it off.

I was presuming that it is the starter motor not an issue with the battery or alternator. But after reading many google articles (all conflicting rubbish lol) i am wondering if it is the ignition switch?

Any help would be appreciated!!
Laura x

you will be able to diagnose it by testing the smaller lead to the starter laura, if its dead when you turn the key then its a wire or switch fault, and if its live but not engaging the starter then a starter fault

Many thanks for your quick response, ill have a look in the morning see if i can find the smaller lead.
I hope i can get it soreted i feel lost without my car.

Back