Filling with Petrol

This is probably going to sound really stupid...

I have a K11c and my Mrs has a 1998 pre-coilpack K11. How the hell do you fill them up properly? If you stick the petrol nozzle down the filler neck and hold the trigger it immediately clicks off. We have to hold it on a really low flow with the pump not fully down the filler neck to even get anything down there. Any further down or any faster and it just clicks off. We're both new Micra owners and we both have this problem! What's the correct way to do it?

My pre-facelift K11 was like that :oops: ('97 P-reg 1.0 "shape")
I just got used to only depressing the pump by half.
...My K10 was worse...used to take about 15 minutes to fill...it would cut out so quickly/easily :p

My K12 is the only one I can just place the nozzle in and squeeze ^_^

On the back of the pump nozzle there is some bumps. Put the first bump to the edge of the hole and that sits in nicely. Never had any issues like this and you can fill it at full whack.

it's a common issue that the rubber breather pipe kinks and blocks the vent over the years so the gasses in the tank can't escape as fast as the fuel pouring in, resulting in the fluid flooding up the filler pipe rather than flowing downward freely, which then triggers the cut-off.

solution is to either replace the kinked hose (need to remove tank) or just fill up abit slower

On the back of the pump nozzle there is some bumps. Put the first bump to the edge of the hole and that sits in nicely. Never had any issues like this and you can fill it at full whack.

I tried this last night when I filled up and it works really well; I can finally fill at a normal speed. Thankyou!

Back