Filling scratches

P

Panjabi

Went to Halfords again to try and get hold of the colour for my Micra. It is Tornado Grey. Checked the engine bay which revealed the code: BWD. but the Halfords system only revealed options for BW3 and BWE-G.

So they mixed me a BW3. It appeared really dark but they assured me it would be fine. I tested a patch on a scratch at the back and looks absolutely disgusting! I'm going down there today to get it changed. Stupid Nissan don't seem to answer the phone so I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?

I worked in Homebase when I was 17 - we used to mix paint on a machine. Would it kill Halfords to get a paint mixing machine where it is all done by computer accuracy? The way they mixed it yesterday: they had a mini scale on which they had to weigh the quantities to the nearest .gram

Would I have been better off going for a BWE?

Any input much appreciated.

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
cant you just get it from nissan? ive brought sparay cans a few times from them and the most they charged me about £7

mike

I love Ed!!!!
The paint code for Tornado Grey paint code is BWE G. (i have one sitting in my drive way)

Are you sure it's Tornado Grey

Nissan sell scratch repair kits for a couple of quid.

Mike

OP
OP
P

Panjabi

I finally managed to get through to Nissan. They ordered me a scratch repair kit for £4.31. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Yes it is Tornado Grey but Halfords did not have the code on the system so their TOP MAN said BW3 would do the job! I should have gone to Nissan in the first place. Sorted!

JayY

Everyone should really go to Nissan for touch-up kits and spray, both under 10, cant go wrong really, rather then faffing around at Halfords

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
is spray paint from the rip off nissan only £10 how much coverage would a can give u i got one of those "china blue" colours which is only on the 2000-01 plate micras

JayY

how i will find out how much ML they are, i managed to spray my grill a couple of times with out if i remember correctly