Fuel filling so slow?

CMF_m.henderson

» CMF Member
Help! When I fill up my Micra with fuel,the firt half fills normal,but it takes forever to get the rest in,with fuel splashing back up the filler neck. Is this a commom problem?I have read about this aprox. one year ago but my search comes up zero,I think this site has been upgraded? Any fixes would be most wecome as its Winter here in the U.K. and 20 mins on a Garage Forcourt at -10 is no fun-Thanks-Mick.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
micras can do this. with mine the fuel pump just cuts off unless a trickle goes through. easy to solve though you can just rotate the pump until its upside down and pushed fully in. then can fill full blast until full. works for me.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i cant belive someone has made a post about this!!!

i honestley have the same problem its done my head in for ages, actually its done my head in everytime i fill her up. well anoying!!!!!!!

presume then that its a common problem...and i thought i was on my own ha ha ha. thanks for posting it mate.

CMF_m.henderson

» CMF Member
Your Welcome! But I dont believe Micra's would have done this from new, or the Press would have picked up on it(even a tiny splash is a Fire Hazzard). It can only be ablockage or an air trap. Early Micra's hava a lot of Rubber Hosing on top of the tank, and a rubber vent hose.Not like the new ones which have welded plastic pipes doing much the same job. If the weather is OK I'll have a look at the weekend and I'll post back-Mick.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
dont put the pump all the way in, say 50% and pull it fully that normally works for me, it wont spill or anything.

after reading that back....all you dirty minded ppl dont reply ha lol

CMF_m.henderson

» CMF Member
I'v been told by a Nissan Guy from another (UK) Forum, that there is a one way valve in the Vent Hose. I'm going to take it off and have a look,and either clean or modify it (read remove!) I'll get back to you all.I think if I take off the rear wheel there should be plenty of room to get to it,only rubber hose and spring clips-Cheers Mick.

CMF_m.henderson

» CMF Member
FIX-Behind the nearside rear wheel,you will see the fuel filler and the (thinner) Vent pipe,Remove the plastic cover. Follow the vent pipe down and you will see a spring clip. With Plyers pull the clip DOWNWARDS then pull apart the two pipes.Blow High Pressure Air down the hose (make a seal with your hand).This unsticks the one way Valve.This is a commom fix for a common fault on older Micra's from a Nissan Mechanic.I then used my mouth to blow down the hose (wheel off)It was under a lot of back pressure.Then I sucked (loads of Gas fumes-Yuk).This is how it should be. Took the Micra to the Garage and filled her up-Very quickly with no spitting back.I hope this works for you Guys.Best part was-It cost nothing!!!!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I also found there is a little plastic valve in the opening of the fuel tank when I ripped apart an SLX at the wreckers yesterday.

I guess I'm just luky that mine doesnt have this problem.

Back