figaro into k10

If im right in saying the Figaro has the ma10 turbo engine in it?

If so why doesn't anyone swap the engine overs?

And how easy is this to do as i have seen couple of Figaro's breaking on ebay!

thanks..jason.

you'll need the ecu, and wiring loom, I assume the fuel pump will be different.

I don't think it's a standard MA10 engine either it's code is actually MA10ET and has a 16valve head, ECCS, Fuel Injection, and also only came in Auto, I'm not sure, but I don't think it matches up to a manual box.

so if i got everything needed to do a transplant it should be striate forward,,,ie drive shafts e.t.c

Still dont understand why noone has done it....its the best option in my mind if u cannot afford to import the march st!

If your going to do a conversion, why go for a 1.0 turbo which is an auto? If your going to stick an engine in which needs a different fuel pump, wiring loom, ECU, you may aswell go for a GA16DE (no turbo), with the potential to turbo it if needed. You'l have a more powerful engine, with more modifying potential, no doubt more reliable & more spare parts available. You could even use the non fuel injected GA16 so the fuel system doesnt need to be converted, maybe just a better pump, aswell as the ECU & Loom, and maybe associated things like shafts.

Bob started to put the GA16 in one of his cars and i think it ended up on Ebay. Not sure if it sold, but looked like he made alot of progress. The information on that, aswell as other conversions and problems experienced have been posted on here, have a look around.

you'll need the ecu, and wiring loom, I assume the fuel pump will be different.

I don't think it's a standard MA10 engine either it's code is actually MA10ET and has a 16valve head, ECCS, Fuel Injection, and also only came in Auto, I'm not sure, but I don't think it matches up to a manual box.

the ma10et is an 8 valve, it came with a manual box attached in March Turbos although i recon those are even rarer that Super Turbos.

Phil where do you get your info wrong! No MA series was EVER 16v!! use your head!!

Fig engine into K10 would be easy with the right bits. You could mate it to a K10 box and it would probably be fine, probably a conversion that could be done in a day with the right stuff.

Ed

i would love to put this engine into a k11 BUT for the extra work it would take over putting it in a k10 it would most likley not be worth it

the cost of a figaro conversion is stupid so people wont bother, but with the right contacts things can me made cheap ;)

Why would you want a starlet engine in a k10? Use a K11 engine, they are equally capable.

the problem is the figaro go for silly money! up to 7k i've seen some which is crazy, although a body shop i get my car done has just bought 2 grey ones for 2k each and they are spraying them pink as apprently they go for upto 6k in pink LMAO! i might find out where they got them from and see if i can get hold of one cheap should be able to make money back in parts alone and use the rest to turbo a k10.

although its only and extra 15bhp with an intercooler fitted and some tweaks you could get some good power from it

Let's face it, the ST is just over 100brake standard - I don't think that anybody is going to put the turbo engine in and keep it standard

i still think the cg13 in a k10 is a good idea, if i had the money id do it my welding mate would be more than happy to fix up some engine mounts

ST is 109bhp stock, FIG is 75, and its much more than just the intercooler. All the ancillaries on both engines are compleatly different. I have a fig inlet manifold in the garage which I simply got for comparison to the ST. It really is entirely different.

would i be right in thinking thats probably because the ma09ert was built from the gound up (or at least more so than the ma10) where as the ma10t is just a ma10 with some uprated internals and a turbo slapped on?

ST is 109bhp stock, FIG is 75, and its much more than just the intercooler. All the ancillaries on both engines are compleatly different. I have a fig inlet manifold in the garage which I simply got for comparison to the ST. It really is entirely different.

(Im getting the impresion that its different to the K10 inlet manifold...)

Whats the figaro inlet manifold like?

Can you poist a few piccies of the figaro manifold?

Cheers

Why would you want a starlet engine in a k10? Use a K11 engine, they are equally capable.

K11 engines are great but that toyata engine is a master piece now imagine 157bhp(1.0bar) in a k10 and reliable as the day is long.I got bored with mine because I never had to look under the bonnet in the 2 years I had my gt. . .except for modifications,fmic and servicing.
But to be honest I still prefer my lil ST with 126bhp any day!

I know your st is 200+bhp but reliability is a factor if you were considering a conversion,Like you'll spend less gettin as close to 200 on a starlets 4e-fte than you would on an ma09

I know your st is 200+bhp but reliability is a factor if you were considering a conversion,Like you'll spend less gettin as close to 200 on a starlets 4e-fte than you would on an ma09

Its not all about how much you spend or what engine you use, if iot think im gonna just chuck the micra in the bin and move on to my next project, Viva-Nismo lol. Its a 1.0st thats kicking out 200bhp not a 1.3T from a completely different manufacturer kicking out a little bit more.

Although question curiosity whats the most a 1.3t starlet has ever produced??

when i had my k10 super s i contacted a few places about getting a c20xe engine in, by far the best idea, theres plenty of places which will do the conversion and a lot of people know how to tune them and theres plenty of parts avaliable,

if your gonna do an engine conversion then you may as well do it properly

Yum!

xe.jpg

this thread is getting a bit pointless. comparing apples with pears etc.

Back on topic.

Think we came to the conclusion that a cg13 has the same bhp as the figaro engine and could require just as much work??? If so is it possible that parts from the from the figaro engine could fit onto the the k10's?? minimising the amount of work required and pottentialy increasing the power??

parts from the K10 would fit on the fig, so if you get everything yes it would be simple. (ish)

ST covers do not fit (directly). They require different studs.

Back