Help! figaro engine into k10

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Hi, been thinking for a while now about doing a nissan figaro ma10 turbo engine conversion on the micra, i know the engine will be no problem to fit etc, but what else is needed? will the drive shafts stay the same? and also the gear box on these lumps are auto's, is there any way of changing it to a manuel box? Cheers

Just use EVERYTHING from a MA12 it will be fine, and the clutch should be able to take the extra torque.

So an ma12 gearbox would suit this engine with no problems atall? and the ma12 drive shafts and a good clutch then?

Yes. All of that would be fine. you will also need the MA12 flywheel etc. Everything will bolt in you can use all the MA 12 mounts too.

ok thats great, one last concern is the wiring loom... will this be easy enough or will anything need to be changed etc?

Depends how clever you are :) I would just need the engine loom and related parts, but you may struggle with that.

Well the engine wont be getting put in by me itll be a 58 year old mechanic with 40 years exp doing the job for me so i reckon it shouldnt be any hassel :S (famous last words) lol
And i would be expecting to pay as little for the engine as possible but i do know what price they go for roughly and will just have to keep an eye out for a bargain! But in question to that do you have an engine, loom and other neccesary parts needed for sale Balloo2u? Cheers.

i would think that fitting the engine would be a doddle, finding one would,nt be tho, dog rough figs fetch about £1500 dont they :eek: there,s gotta be far cheaper ways of having a 75hp k10 surely ?

But because its a straight swap of an engine id say there was less mucking around invloced? ive been quoted 750 for an engine loom and all other parts from a guy on ebay so im thinking thats pretty good? does any one know what the speeds are like in these little 75hp numbers? id like to see how fast one went :)

But because its a straight swap of an engine id say there was less mucking around invloced? ive been quoted 750 for an engine loom and all other parts from a guy on ebay so im thinking thats pretty good? does any one know what the speeds are like in these little 75hp numbers? id like to see how fast one went :)

Thata a good price, you need to sort out a fuel pump aswell though as the fig and st alike came with an intank pump. They would do 110mph I'd say

Back