Few Problems

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Hey all,

I have done some research and can not seem to find the problems I have encountered (or its under something else) on the weekend I finally go around to putting in my new distributor (recorrected the timing, and fix the leak the old one had) and since putting it in I have found that it takes a few a little bit to get up and go maybe like 1500-2000RPM before its back to its old self? I have disconnected my Tacho (aftermarket) since doing this so I am unsure of the idle speed.

Second of all, my fuel gauge was working fine on the way home this evening then pulled into a street a few blocks from mine to notice the Fuel Gauge was not reading -.- I read some where that its possibly the sender? there is a fault or something

Any help I can get will be much appreciated :)

Cheers

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
High idle problems progressively fading when the engine is cold starting is usually related to air leak in the throttle body circuit.

I had it when I serviced my ICV and forgot to replace the o ring:
then I badly fitted it and had high idle similar to yours progressively increasing (but lack of power during accelerations).
It went back to normal when I correctly fitted it back.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Fixed my lights that usually come on on the dash, and my coolant temp; now my fuel gauge wont work -.- rewired it and still nothing?

Back