Feels like kangaroo petrol - but it's not!

Hi Folks
My daughter's 1994 Tropic has started losing power intermittently, leading to the kangaroo petrol symptoms. She had to be brought home on the back of an AA lorry when it happened on the motorway. We have replaced the lambda sensor, plugs, distributor cap, leads, and fuel and air filter, but it still does it. There is no stalling, cutting out, or high revs as some others have mentioned on here - just this intermittent loss of power. It goes lovely for 10-15 minutes, then starts kangarooing, and then suddenly picks itself back up again, and seems fine.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix this (as cheap as possible - this has cost a lot already, and my daughter is a Uni student with very little dosh!) we'd be really grateful.

It could be a fault with the throttle body, you might need to get yourself another! Members more familiar with the K11 would be able to advise for sure.

kate

you,ve got a real headscratcher there, intermittant faults can be REALLY hard to suss. all i can suggest is if anyone can lend you a dizzy (something electronic could be breaking up inside it?)
where are you based?
my money would,nt be on the throttle body

unplug the MAF sensor (highest plug on throttle body) and see how it runs then. if it runs fine, then that is faulty. but be warned, running it unplugged it WILL stall at traffic lights etc.

Back