Feel Ripped off

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
i baught a battery for my micra k11 today, it was £65!! i feel reli ripped off but apparently all car batterys have gone up because the price of led has gone up, my dads mate baught a battery for a ford mondeo and it was £85! it seems ridiculous i was expecting to pay about 40 quid

guy

like most commodities, the price of lead has gone up
with oil nearing $125/barrel and wheat up 130% in 12 months, i think the poo is gonna hit the fan :eek:

Keep with the new one, if one from the scappies has been totally flat - even once, it will have damaged the battery permanently.

Keep with the new one, if one from the scappies has been totally flat - even once, it will have damaged the battery permanently.

that is very true that lead/acid batteries have a bad memory effect but i have found that if you daily drive a car and don't leave it standing for more than a couple of days, you can still get by on a dodgy battery. tho personally i would carry one of those jump start packs.

that is very true that lead/acid batteries have a bad memory effect but i have found that if you daily drive a car and don't leave it standing for more than a couple of days, you can still get by on a dodgy battery. tho personally i would carry one of those jump start packs.

Its not really a memory effect. Its damaged caused by sulphation of the plates with the cells.

When i got my K11 two days ago, i lifted the bonnet and noticed the battery caps were off. But the fluid was full. It had been parked up for a year. So today im gonna find a battery too!

i bought mine for about neally 30 its about neally two year ago from a local part shop. it has indicators to tell you if the battery is finnished, needs filling up lol

you should have shopped around?

I paid £59 at kwik fit which included fitting, could have done it myself but that was the best price I found anyway, Halfrauds was about £75 / £80 I think [don't have a trade card].

I paid £59 at kwik fit which included fitting, could have done it myself but that was the best price I found anyway, Halfrauds was about £75 / £80 I think [don't have a trade card].

Back