• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

ESP off warning light how to reset

Hi,

Have Micra CC 2005: had a problem with drivers door not being able to open from the inside, seems this is a fairly regular problem and more down to electrics than mechanical. Disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and like magic it worked but…….

Know my ‘ESP off’ warning light won’t go out when the engine is running, tried the ESP switch without success, some places say stop and start the engine several times and it will eventually reset, no that didn’t work, was one comment that pressing the clock reset may work, that will be a no.

Is anybody aware of how to reset this (ESP was working ok prior to battery dis connect) without having to resort to an OBD2 reader, which I don’t have.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Well after driving about a mile the ESP light went off and the ESP switch is now working again, magic :)

Think what happened after battery disconnect the ECU reset itself along with it’s data, when connected again the ESP system had no information from the wheel sensors so it disabled itself, once I drove the car ESP started receiving data from the wheel sensors and decided all was ok.

And I can still open the door from the inside.

Merry Christmas ?

Back