Fan issues

Hi all,

Ive had a quick search on the forum and google and cant find a solution for my problem, the fan on the micra works on all 4 settings , it even heats up fine ... but it takes a ages !! eventually it will heat up fine but in mean eventually ... there is a slight buzzing/humming noise ... i took it to a mechanic to said it was the 'blower' the part would cost £30 and about £20 labour to fix it, does this sound right? any1 else had an issue similar?

any assistance would really be appreciated!

Thanks
M

the heater matrix is dependent on engine coolant temperature.

in the morning turn the heater to cold, drive 5miles and see if the engine temp gauge has reached 1/2way. if not then the thermostat might be stuck open or unable to fully close when cold.
when the engines now upto temps, turn the heater to full hot with fan speed 1 & blowing in ur face. it should get hot within few secs.
if not then goto full fan speed and turn from full hot to full cold. if air flows alot slower when at full hot then the heater matrix might be blocked with debris. if air flows the same hot or cold then coolant flow through the heater matrix might be blocked with limescale or debris.

i always start my car with heater fully cold and drive away to quickly heat the engine & coolant so i can have fully hot air asap

the noisy fan could sometimes be a trapped leaf thats brushing the case every revolution. real easy to check. just 3 screws & plug to remove the fan under glovebox and check for debris then spin the fan to check if its the motor

Back