A/C fan unit

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Turned on the A/c today and it cut out and at first I thought it was the A/C relay that had blowen but its still kicking in. Its the fan unit thats not working and I replaced the fuses even though they looked fine but it still is not working. Anyone know if theres another fuse in the blower unit itself? If not anyone got the workshop book they can scan or take a detailed shot off and send it to me so I can pull the fan unit out and try and fix it. I hate to think what nissan charges for a new blower fan unit :(

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I've pulled the fan apart to make it a pusher fan (to give more room for the turbo) and I can say there is no fuse in there. If your gonna swap the fan why not just by a generic on from 'super barn'.... or auto cheap...

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I think he means the blower motor under the dash fred.

Micra king, replace the resistor card with a second hand one first. From memory there is a random fuse under the dash there but its for the aircon not the fan.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
The problems not the A/C relay like I first thought it might have been. You can hear the AC kicking in still but the fan units not blowing, Its dead. Also the wippers front and rear are dead, washer pump not working, radios dead but the red code lights flashing like when the cars not running and the LED clocks back light is not working at night. Nothing eles seems to have been effected by whatevers going on. All the fuses look fine and replaced the main one anyway yesterday to be sure. Whatevers going on has effected thoses items like there on the same power circit. Any one here have a wiring dirgram they could look at to see if theres any common like between the items.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Replaced all the fuses today just to be sure and still nothing. Started pulling the dash apart tonight but cant work out how the glove box lid comes out so anyone here knows how its removed?

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Ok I have a feeling its got somthing to do with the ignition barrel so i got a new one but now I cant remove the old one. They have tamper proof bolts eg when they fit them they snap the end hex drive bit off after so im going to have to drill and easy out them this weekend. I would test it first by unpluging it but cant seem to get to plug out from the old one while its still fitted....bugger.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
All fixed. I was right about it being the ignition barrel. Replaced the part on the end and its all working again. Saved a heap of cash not taking it to the auto elecs as they charge $89 per hour and would have milked as much as they could from it.

Back