family car help

fox1983

Deactivated Account
well basically my rents are buying me a family car out of the sale of my grandads house but dont know what to go for
looking at 5 yrs old or less and no more than a 1.6ltr

I guess a Ford Focus might be a good buy. They are well made.....they are reliable and safe and have a good reputation. Not too big either....plus they handle nicely.
Toyota Corolla would be another choice of mine.
How big a car do they mean by 'Family' car?

Steve

how about a 5 door 1.6 almera?

Toyota Corolla's I can vouch for on there reliability and build quality. The Corolla has always been voted very highly in polls and they can be picked up at a good price.

Kev

as kev says get a corolla, especially a 1.3 g6! they made them in 5-doors and 3-doors so its a good family car with a big boot space and a 6speed gearbox. g6's can be picked up for about £1800 to about £3000 not a bad buy if you ask me.

Ok without knowing your budget I'll throw this into the mix. Fiat Stilo JTD. Group 5 insurance, hell of a lot faster than a lot of people think and pretty economical to boot.

I'd be tempted by a 3 series BM if it was me, might be a bit of a shocker on the insurance though. The prices are quite good on the 316 as people tend to want the 318 or 320 more.

Or a 406 - very very comfortable interior, loads of space. And they're one of the big choices as a Pompey taxi lol, so they must be good on fuel and reliability. Might be a bit sluggish as a 1.6, I'm not sure.

i am surprised none of you suggested a primera, one of the most under-rated family car! nissan has stopped its production replaced by a rush of 4x4s, so it will be cheap as chips! it has excellent reliability, not bad looking, huge amount of space and very comfy.

What about a Nissan note? They look quite funky, and all the reviews I've read of them are excellent. I've just looked on the Autotrader and prices are around £8000 for a 2006 55 plate.

Get a Volvo, can't go wrong with one of those - especially if you're paranoid about your family's safety

Back