Another Micra in the family again!

Hi all - long time no post! I had a 1998 Micra (black 1.3 GX) about a year & a half ago but sold it & bought an '02 plate Astra SRI. No reason other than I just fancied a change & I thought a bigger car would be more useful. Well I have to say that the Astra's been great & it's actually my wifes Mercedes 280SLK that we want to sell. So when she said that she wanted a smaller car, that was reliable & cheap to run, I immediately thought of the K11 Micra. I found a low mileage one on Ebay that was local to me, so I went to have a look at it & a little test drive a couple of days ago & I've bought it. It's a 2001 (Y reg) K11 1.4 with a mere 29,500 genuine miles on it. It's in very good condition with quite a few toys such as air con, power steering, electric windows, parking sensors (not sure if these work properly though) etc. It drives very nicely but everything feels very light (steering, gearchange, bodywork etc) after the Astra & Merc!

As I say it'll mainly be used by my wife but I'll be on the insurance policy too so I'm going to try & drive it every chance I get! I've told her I will be modifying it & I'm intending to fit slightly lower springs (only -35(ish)mm or so), a set of front foglights (these can be found reasonably cheaply on Ebay) & some nice 14" alloys would be cool as well. This is basically the spec my old black one was at & it was a hoot to drive.

Anyway I'll let you know how I get on & I'll post some pics when I got the car next Wednesday. :)

Back