Fair Price?

Going to be getting a Micra 1.3 GX 5 Door (R Reg - 40,000 on the clock) from my granny :grinning:

What car has valued it at £1,195 for a private sale.

My plan is to flog it and get something else, as It's a bit too pensionerish for me.

Do you think £1,195 is too much to put it in autotrader for?

Cheers.

I know this is a Micra forum...But I really want a 106 lol. Mate has one and I've had a shot and quiet liked it. Any other suggestions are welcome though.. Going to get hammered on the insurance anyways!

no no lol. There is a lot of very nice Micra's on here, and I have a lot of respect for the people who have spent alot of time and money on them, its just mine looks...welll.. lol. I;m 17 and male, and still at school and theres no way I could handle the stick :down:

why dont you break the car as i would be interested in the 1.3 engine and the interior if it had electric windows and also if power steering and you'll be surprised that when people give you stick then they get slaughtered in there corsas and that then they dont give you stick i was in the same position but i would never get rid of my micra now that i have driven it

If you were to sell the car / bits on here, you'd have to be an official member. Being 17, whatever you get, insurance will be a bit of a nightmare, especially if you even think about modifying it! You should retaliate with comments like how good the MPG is, Jap Relibility, etc. You may even convert a few to like it :)

I know this is a Micra forum...But I really want a 106 lol. Mate has one and I've had a shot and quiet liked it. Any other suggestions are welcome though.. Going to get hammered on the insurance anyways!

Drive the car for a bit first, then decide. them 1.3's can go a bit

Considering your age and what your insurance premium will be, getting a 1.3 K11 would be an ideal choice when taking into consideration other cars with similair engines.

Your simply not going to be in the position to get anything more then a 1.3 and the K11 engine putting out 75bhp as standard will give you enough power and can handle much more.

As for the looks of the car, a simple set of alloys with lowering gives a much more aggressive stance and you can do small suttle changes to the grill, side repeators etc which will tidy up the appearance of the car a lot.

Just food for thought, don't rush into getting rid of the K11, they are very underated and when compared to cars of similiar engine size, they fair very well. Build quality also being very good pre renault of course lol!

If you join the MSC, you will also be able to get discount on your insurance with either of the two compaines we have offering discounted insurance for our official members.

Thanks
Kev

Hehe, Cheers for your replys. I think I'll keep it for a bit. Not really got that much money at the mo, but we shall see. And If I do decide to break it, I'll let you lot know ;)

Cheers

Hehe, Cheers for your replys. I think I'll keep it for a bit. Not really got that much money at the mo, but we shall see. And If I do decide to break it, I'll let you lot know ;)

Cheers

was this money for modifications you where lacking??? or money from not selling the car?

if so, get spares from a scrap yard and do cheap mods your self :) ? i dont know what year it is, but open mouth grill, super S fron bumpers, colour coding...all change the looks!!!!

regarding getting a 106....you will find more "off the shelf parts" for them but making it unique will be hard as most people mod 106's!!

however if your not going to mod the micra or 106 then ignor what i just wrote :down: lol

naps

Im guessing youve got the k11 model. But i really like the 106 gti with the standard bodykit, it looks really smart but you will pay out of your ears for insurance. Id deffently go for jap than french. Ive got a french scoot and it sucks!

Ryan.

Back