Reasonable price for K11?

Selling my SE+ 5d manual Micra on Autotrader but getting very little interest (but plenty of views). Parkers says £825 for 'good' private sale. It's 2001 model, has service history to 2009, and low mileage (under 40,000), so I put it on at £1000, for a few days then reduced it to £850, but still no interest. Bad points are that upholstery is a little worn (but not actually torn anywhere) and no central locking.

Time of year? Overpriced? Am I just unlucky? I did hear that low mileage doesn't count for much in old cars, even if genuine so is that where I'm going wrong?

many thanks,
Simon.

Time of year I would imagine, thibk of all those last minute christmas presents that need buying! Good luck with sale, a few years older and a few hundred quid cheaper and I might have had it off you... have faith!

Price sounds about right if its a 1 litre, if it's a 1.4 you're a bit too low. SE+ is top of the range so mention all the extras, sunroof and safety kit, if you have 2 keys and any history, say that too. I'm not in the market at the moment, but when buying K11's (and I buy a few) I only ever buy private sale Micra's with Tax on. that way if it's a 100 mile trip, I know I can drive it back that day without the hassle of getting tax sorted or making a return journey. If it has good sills, new tyres, recent service, new exhaust or any of that, mention it in the advert and it will help.I also like to have a long MOT on them, 12 months where possible to get some peace of mind. A lot of people put an MOT on them and add that to the sale price.
If you have any trinkets, or it's Halfords'ed up too much, I'd recommend stripping it back to basics. If the seats are an issue get a £10 set of seat covers, if its got steel wheels, put a cheap set of wheel trims on, but you should have alloys I'd guess. 5 door micras are less popular to be honest so your market is a bit different. You want to demonstrate it as a genuine low mileage shopping cart that hasn't been boy racer'ed. Your market will probably be students, someone who wants a cheap works runaround, or a parent looking to buy their kid a cheap first motor so bear that in mind in how you advertise it. If it's twin airbag, mention it. If it's an odd colour photograph it in its best light and obviously give it a thorough clean inside and out. The best site I find is Gumtree but look how much similar models are priced in your area. Scottish Micra's always tend to be a bit cheaper for example in my experience. £850ono is good range and go for £800 at the low end. If they haggle too low just say, "I've got other people coming, I wanted to give you the first look". It is the time of year as well, but Micra's make good snow cars. Best of luck mate.

Thanks for the replies and advice. I think you are saying what I've been thinking, that it is about the right price. It's the top of the range model with aircon and a surprising decent sounding stereo, sunroof, alloys etc... and I bought it three years ago at 18000 miles for £1000, however its MOT and tax were less than a week away from expiring so it was a bit of a gamble. It seems it paid off as I only had to get tyres, exhaust and front disks in the last three years. The engine is sound!

I think what is working against me, perhaps, is that it is the 1.4 model, so that means relatively costly insurance for youngsters. The other thing is the tow bar which I reckon has to come off and go on Ebay separately as that might be putting people off. Mentioning I have 2 keys is good advice, and details of service history, etc...

cheers,
Simon.

Back