fair price for colour coded bumpers

whats a fiar price for some colour coded bumpers, i have found some at a local scrap yard, they have the black strip on the top of the bumper and they off a 1993 L reg, they want £65 which i fort was abit steep really, or is it not? 65 for both back and front btw!

would it just be easier to spray the ones on the car but im poo at sprayin stuff!

i paid a sprayer 400 to do my bonnet, grill and bumper (the whole thing) and they did a really good job....

i brought a vibe spoiler, front and back bumper from a scrap yard for £70 if that helps :)

Have you thought about trying it yourself?

My SuperS bumpers were black, I painted myself using spray cans only, sanded down loads then waited for warm sunny day, not a bad job if I do say so myself!

I just saw the bumpers that Lee (from the meet) painted and fixed for j.a.kelly, really good job!

Contact j.a.kelly if you interested.

£65 for super s rear and front bumper is an extremely good price, painted or not! As for the spraying £400 is a bit OTT. Nearly everywhere i rang so far have quoted me around the £240 region for bumper and bonnet but the garage i got the welding done at said they would do bumper, bonnet, grill and blending for £250 and i seen a scooby they were working on when i was in and there work was second to none! Dont see the big fuss with super s bumpers to be honest, prefer the nromal one but its up to you at the end of the day

i have started to colour code the bumpers i have, well in fact due to the bad weather i have only managed the door handles and boot handle but its lookin awesome already

my brother paid £250 quid to get his entire car painted (VW polo mkII)! I resprayed my bonnet, wings and grille (plus plenum chamber grille) myself using a compressor and spray gun. Wasn't too difficult, just rubbed it down LOADS before and did three coats of colour, rubbing it down with W & D between each coat. wasn't much fun but not hard (make sure you get breasthing apparatus, i was coffin for days after doin mine :upside: )

RE: RE: fair price for colour coded bumpers

hughes_16v said:
i have started to colour code the bumpers i have, well in fact due to the bad weather i have only managed the door handles and boot handle but its lookin awesome already

What paint are you using, and where from?

Big_ben said:
£65 for super s rear and front bumper is an extremely good price, painted or not! As for the spraying £400 is a bit OTT. Nearly everywhere i rang so far have quoted me around the £240 region for bumper and bonnet but the garage i got the welding done at said they would do bumper, bonnet, grill and blending for £250 and i seen a scooby they were working on when i was in and there work was second to none! Dont see the big fuss with super s bumpers to be honest, prefer the nromal one but its up to you at the end of the day

Doh! i was ripped off :down:

when getting varioius parts done ie. bumpers, grille, bonnet, wing , spoiler , trims etc

sometimes it will be cheaper to respray the whole car.becasue they can use cheap paint (still good quailty, just not good for color matching ... GTI paint my bodyshop reafers to it as?!)

if doing alot of parts your goigng to want a 100% color match therefore extreme high qaulity paint needed, time color matching, trying mixing different ratios etc etc bla bla bla

well this is what my bodyshop/paint shop mates tell me anyway

go for it mate, if your car is about this year then the color match should be quite good due to the paint being same age etc

What paint are you using, and where from?

iam using nissan arctic white from halfords, its 3tins for the price of two!good stuff.
for the door handles and boot all i did was rubbed it down with wet and dry then used white plastic primer, rubbed it down then sprayed it with two coats then applied lacquer, it looks really good, well from my point of veiw,

i will post pics when its all finished:devil:

i had,,,

smoothed roof(arial and rails out)
door trims off(paint peeled wen i tried)
door handles ond boot handle painted
2 new rear arches
2 bad scratches out of sides (needed filling)
a crack repaird in rear bumper

so thats the roof and both sides of the car,rear bumper and boot handle painted,,,,,in metalic aswell

cost me £250 and it took him 3 days,,,geniune garage and price(wasnt a m8 or anything)

hes made a r8 job of it and im well pleased

also super s bumpers are goin for around £35 from beavers in barnsley (BRAND NEW) in primer, no lights

RIK said:
i had,,,

smoothed roof(arial and rails out)
door trims off(paint peeled wen i tried)
door handles ond boot handle painted
2 new rear arches
2 bad scratches out of sides (needed filling)
a crack repaird in rear bumper

cost me £250 and it took him 3 days

:eek:

wow!

Name and adress of that garage please?
I can feel a trip to the UK coming on...;)

Back