failed mot

ok so the car fails its mot on a few easy to fix things,
washer jets not working
sill needed welding
and the headlights were well off
but you should have seen the pound signs in the mot testers eyes when he told me about the welding, then the look of disappointment when my friend laughed and said he'd do the welding.
has this happened to anyone else??

ok so the car fails its mot on a few easy to fix things,
washer jets not working
sill needed welding
and the headlights were well off
but you should have seen the pound signs in the mot testers eyes when he told me about the welding, then the look of disappointment when my friend laughed and said he'd do the welding.
has this happened to anyone else??

my friend had to have the sills done on his mr2 they used fiesta sills apparantly cost him £450 in total to do the welding and a few small pieces :glare:

I have an excellent MOT tester. MOT for £35, he adjusted my lights and replaced a bulb FOC and didn't charge me a retest fee.

Works in his favour though cos I always go to him when I need jobs doing that I don't wanna do myself (clutch, headgasket, cambelt, etc)

my mot tester is a nice guy 40 for the mot and 20 for lights and "fixing my emissions" he just thought he could get more for the welding

welding can take time depending on how bad it is and also on wether they do the job properly, friends with welders is always a good thing, i ended up just buying a welder and doing them myself, although i now get everyone wanting things welded

I was dreading taking mine in yesterday, but it passed the MOT with only a headlight out of line and didnt get charged for it. The tester said the crossmember looks "like new"! Total cost of MOT work over 3 years = £41.

Picking up a Toyota Corolla on Saturday, am hoping it is going to be as reliable as the Micra!

Back