MOT Failed

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi All

The Micra failed its MOT today, but its not all that bad...

It needs a front right tyre
A front left headlamp cluster fwn
And some welding near the back to fix a hole...

I'll get the tracking done to stop the uneven wear from happening again... so its all adding up. :glance:

£25 for the tyre
£20 for the tracking (good price?)
£40 for a headlamp (from ebay...)
£20 for the welding
£42 for the MOT...
----
£147 Total! o_O

Edit: Maths error!

Yeah my local scrap yard dont have one at the moment :sleepy:

But nevermind, £43.50 from a local parts dude was the best price I could get.

Will ajusting the tracking stop my car from pulling left lol! I know cars pull left because of the camber in the road but im sure it seems worse than It should be...

Added to this lot ive spent £180 replacing the clutch and £90 replacing the exhaust... I only hope my troubles will be over soon! Are all cars this expensive?

expensive lol??? Micras are one of the cheapest!

I know people who spend £500+ getting there cars through MOT's,

but as cars do need maintence and worn parts replacing its not going to be free

it dont get much cheaper to fix than a k10 if you had all thoose mot failures on a 7 seris BMW i reckon it would cost about 5-10 times more! lol

180 for a clutch, 90 for an exhaust? jees, are they gold ones? you can get a lucas clutch for £29.95 and a full exhaust fitted for under £60

The clutch itself was £35, but I can't fit it myself, and my garage wanted like £150 to fit it... o_O

The exhaust rear box was £47, I know I paid too much for that... but he had it up on the thing :upside: and everything and I didn't want to waste his time really... :wasntme:

The front pipe was again £47 at a different garage, seemed an OK price to me. :glance:

Got my headlamp yesterday, that was £50... Fitted it today, great fun to fit! :love: Shame I couldent find a cheaper one down my local scrap yards.

I don't particularly care about the costs (because I only pay for half of it :laugh: ), but my mums always going on :wow: about how expensive cars are...

Edit: ooohhh man, I just found a headlamp on ebay for £10... why didn't I look harder yesterday lol. :glare: Nevermind!

Back