MOT Failed

G_Man

Ex. Club Member
Well had my MOT and it failed on the following things....

Number Plate light inoperative
N/S Head Light Low Aim

N/S Bottom Ball joint - no locking device
O/S Outer CV Boot split
Steering Rack gaitor fouling fuel pipe clip

Handbrake lever insecure
Load sensor valve inoperative
O/S Front brake caliper carrier bolt has no lock device fitted and bolt loose
N/S Parking Brake + service brake low effort
Rear brakes do not increase and de-crease at same rate (70% inbalance)

N/S Front seat belt insecure :S

N/S Wind Screen washer inoperative
Rear view mirror O/S can not be positioned to view rear
Lambda high 1.08
Exhaust insecure + silencer is of such a type that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a sililar vehicle with a silencer in average condition.

Jus copied all of that from the MOT sheet, will try fix most of it asap :down:

no haha we took it to bits las night and we saw one of the bolts just wasnt bolted down into any metal on the floor of the car, so my dad re-bolted it up, and its still failed on that

Also the garage has dirtied all my interior, Mats all covered in oil and crap grr

wow those guys are picky!

my car passed it's MOT with illigaly blue headlights, LED sidelights, broken wheel bolt, loose pedels and half a windscreen washer not working :)

but i'm glad the MOT lives in a shiny new house with a new car ;)

taking off the drivers side mirror will still go through ?

f**k, my mots up ...need to swap windows + have been told the emmisons are ok even without decat etc

better not fail ....

some of the stuff there should have been checked tho - seatbelts, mirrors, bulbs, washers .....

its the passenger side that can come off, i get confused with o/s and n/s. i thoughy off side was pasenger??

i just seen that cut springs are an mot fail if spotted. i know there are a few micras with cut springs, so look out.

and you were only worried about emmisions :p
damn fella ur car is a death trap. my new car is older and passed with flying colours :p

ah well at least u didnt need over 17inches of plate welding onto your sill for it to pass :|

dont most people give their car a pre-MOT test? i think that is one of the best things you can do, bearing in mind that you have some knowledge of cars!

i got mine in march, i can see it failing...i am sure u wil get the things sorted out quick g man!!

i just shot it in for MOT as i knew it runs out on sunday. The mirrors can be easily changed, can just stick standard ones on for MOT, bulbs can be easily done and changed and brake pads etc changed. Will see what we can get done over the weekend :)

mine was sposed to b in today but need to get the shocks sorted, ordered them today. Whats this lark about the exhaust? I simply have a 3.5" bbox on mine n its quite loud, you think it'l fail? Also these wheel stud things, i cant get 2 of the nuts on so thats a failure?

if they see them they will fail the wheel nuts but if you got trims on they wont take them off.

Lol it's all u G, I put the car thru the MOT about a month before I sold it to ya :p told you the emissions would be high, most of it sounds like run of the mill maintenance. The tester sounds like he's gone OTT with it, u rude to him or dressed like a chav or something?

I had the manifold fitted to the K11 straight after its MoT (tens mins after literally) by the MOT tester and he said nothing about the noise.

Sorry to hear all that mate, u could always sell it back to me :p

i think i will keep it till i can afford insurance on sumthing a lil faster thanks :p exhaust will be sorted soon, just gonna drop it int powerflow andevrything weill be done at weekend hopefully

pete no i wasnt dressed like a charv :O

Back