Facelift and Prefacelift combo.

Hi,

I have a prefacelift micra with the horrible black bumpers and I want to get rid of them. I really like the looks of the facelift Micra S bumpers (the ones with the plastic that always fades) and having parked up next to one and had a good look the rear looks like a straight swap, is this the case?

The front bumper of course would not fit but I've been thinking of taking the top part of a prefacelift bumper and joining it to the bottom half of the facelift bumper, would I run into any big problems doing this? I was hoping also to extend the bumper in the process to give it a "lowered" look.

i dont have any answers for u how ever i myself have been intreged about a simuler idea the rear does look like a easy swap so im guessing its a case of trial and error best of luck with your project and have a happy new year

People have done loads of stuff like this in the past.
converted whole facelift cars to look pre-facelift.
just need to wait for the right guy to answer your question. :p

Yes rear fits but front will have a gap under headlights as facelift lights are bigger ,

I think the front bumper could work and look good, would need to cut the too, tiger seal,nut and bolt,screw and cable tie to hold it and then fiber glass filler and normal filler Into the join, get a dead on front pic from both cars up and get Shaun to Photoshop them together :)

Good luck mate (Y)

Haha, thats pretty much what I was thinking of. I did my own photoshop ages ago but it's on my university computer, I'll put it up when I go back.

bumperl.jpg

heres the photoshop I did.

It's not my car btw it's somebody off here's, i forget who.

IMHO the bumper looks too modern for the rest of the car - the reason really that I dont like facelifts. I think they contaminate the purity of the original design.

rear will fit without issue the front can be cut and shut with top half of pre facelift and bottom half of the other they all share the same mounts and fixings. The front bumper was only changed due to larger lights in facelift so only the top was altered

Back