K11 facelift vs prefacelift

I had a crash into the back of someone in my '95 1.3 lx. Its mechanically okay, no major problems, however I'm going to need a new slam panel, front bumper, headlights and front wings. I spoke to a guy at the local scrapyard who had a facelift micra. I just wanted to know the feasibility of fitting the parts mentioned above on to an older micra? The car is only for college so it hasn't got to be a showpiece.. Any help would be much appreciated!

You can use the front end off of ether as long as you use bonnet, wings, bumpers, lights (slam panel is different) you also need the slam panel for the face you go for :) hope this helps

Cheers Kieran

You can use the front end off of ether as long as you use bonnet, wings, bumpers, lights (slam panel is different) you also need the slam panel for the face you go for :) hope this helps

Cheers Kieran
Thanks for the replyThe slam panel is the bar under the bonnet that connects everything and has the bonnet latch on it right? So what you're saying is I need an old slam panel but that will fit a newer bonnet etc?

Yes that's the slam panel :) I think the slam panel is different between the faces (not to sure) I think the facelift is slightly different to the pre facelift one

Cheers Kieran

So do
The bonnet catch and its upright are different. The slam panel should be the same :)
Okay cheers all, so to put it simply for my k11 mk1 I can use the bonnet, front wings, front bumper, grill and slam panel from a mk2? Sorry this is confusing !!

yeh, the catch safety hook arm is longer on the facelift, and the uptight/stay under the catch is taller or shorter (forget which)
the headlight connectors are shorter or longer too iirc

Okay thanks everyone! Much appreciated I knew joining this club would be useful. I'll post some pictures of my car as well for you all to giggle at.. Franken-micra

Back