facelift to pre facelift

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
right well as i mentioned in one of my other posts i had a go at offering the new bumper up at the weekend and it never came close, as far as i can tell the front inpact bar is in the wrong place for the bumper. just wondering if anyone knows whats involved changing the front end from facelift to pre facelift, it might just be a case of changing stuff that you cant see but i might price everything up to change wings, bonnet, grille, and headlights as i like the look of pre facelift k11's and need new wings anyway, thanks for any help
dave

ok you need:

new wings
new bonnet
new headlights
new grill
new front bumper
new front member

the problem is the lock because it's in a different place,

i don't know anyone who's done it but it's gonna cost and i don't know wether the mounting points are in the same place for the lights.

good luck tho and keep us updated,

it may be worth buying a new car like an SR or something because it's alot of money and time and your car will be off the road for a while......

NeX said:
ok you need:

new wings
new bonnet
new headlights
new grill
new front bumper
new front member

the problem is the lock because it's in a different place,

i don't know anyone who's done it but it's gonna cost and i don't know wether the mounting points are in the same place for the lights.

good luck tho and keep us updated,

it may be worth buying a new car like an SR or something because it's alot of money and time and your car will be off the road for a while......

could be done in a day i say. aslong as you get all the parts prior.
simple unpick of the spot welds (if needs be) and swap all the rest.
depending on how much you can get the stuff for i say it should not be more than £150 to do the lot

if you re-weld the frame it will need to be painted to protect it, and the catch would be a bitch to line up.

it took me a day to change my bonnet, bumper and grill!

but if all the fixings are there then i suppose it's possible.....

http://www.sel-imperial.co.uk/

these guys will get you all the parts you need with next day del, they come pre primed so you'll have to get it all sprayed first :)

thanks for the help peeps, well a lad i go to college with has a super s so ill have a look at his car on friday re the bonnet and catch, neil has a bonnet for sale for £20, grille shouldnt cost more than a tenner, a mates dad has a garage so ill see how much he can get the wings for trade price, then that just leaves the headlights, could see if a scrappy would do a straight swap for mine. just have to have a look at how much works in it,
cheers again
dave

I think i may be keeping the bonnet mate for the project....

U should be able to pick one up easly enuff tho...

Moss nearly did this but he wanted to go from old to new, not new to old, he even bought all the parts, then sold his car tho....

you'll have trouble geting headlights from a scrap yard....

i looked everywhere but i couldn't find any because micras always have front end crashes... grr,

good luck anyways :)

Back