Facelift A/C and janspeed manifold..

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I remember reading that some changes need to be made to fit the janspeed manifold to my K11. It's a 1999 Si with air conditioning..

From what i remember the air con needs to be removed and something to d with the alternator.. I did a search but couldn't find anything about it.

So, can anyone confirm what i need to do to fir the manifold? :)

So i'd need the alternator brackets, and a new belt?

Where would i start with removing the a/c? How much of the system would need to be removed?

Is it something i could do myself (I dont know #### all) with a haynes or best left to a garage?

I am pretty sure that there is aircon stuff in the cabin - there are manifolds in Japan thst are bent to allow the exhaust from cylinder 1, but probably easier (and cheaper) to move the alternator down.

All you need to remove to fit the janspeed is the aircon pump as it sits in the place normally used for the alternator, the rest of the aircon kit can stay in situ if you wanted, but it would be dead weight, the alternator can then be moved to its regular spot with the right brackets.

So would it be a lot more for a garage to fit due to having the a/c removed too?
Sounds like something i wouldn't do myself..

If you're aircon works leave it in, if it is blowing hot air rip it out. Start with the pump and as you get time remove other bits.

Apparently only aircon engineers can release the gasses so if you do it make sure there is no bacon around, also wear gloves when you undo the pipework cos the gas is very cold.

hmmm.
How much am i looking at for an A/C compatible manifold?
Would it have to be custom?

it'd probably be cheaper to get a custom jobbie. i know it's a long way from you, but if you call www.ojzengineering.co.uk they should be able to give you a wrough price, and their work is excellent. unless there's someone closer to you. might be worth getting a couple of quotes anyway.

you can't! release r12 aircon gas into the atmosphere as its poisonous!

you can! release r134a aircon gas (which is in all k11's!) as its not poisonous

you can't! release r12 aircon gas into the atmosphere as its poisonous!

you can! release r134a aircon gas (which is in all k11's!) as its not poisonous

Just out of interest what gas was used in a Mitsubishi Pajero? Although I'm not dead yet so I may be alright. lol

2005022701.jpg

See how it is made to clear the aircon?
Craig

You'd really need to speak to someoe who imports a lot more than me - I can get stuff off Yahoo Japan, but there are no K11 manifolds on there at the minute - you could try giving perfectrun.com.au a mail as they were very good when I brought the Tomei's over.
I can keep a look out for you if you want, but be aware that shipping costs will make up the bulk of the price.
Craig

Craig, i dont mind waiting, i wasn't planning on this for a while anyway, it's just broony was selling his..

If you see one, let me know.

i was aware of these manifolds but didn't take note of any of the companyies name. which is more anyonne now as i know some that might be able to get bits for me from japan. all i need to know is names of the aircon exhaust manifolds.

yes i bet its 50 to 100 quid shipping (maybe 1/2 that if was group buy)
but its an option if you,ve got aircon tho eh

Back