janspeed manifold removal

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Well it looks like my janspeed manifold is stuck on pretty good. It came off the head and the cat easily enough but when i came to get it from the Y-piece it just wouldnt move! :(

Im not sure what to do now, i tried release oil, heat and a hammer and then a bigger hammer... was going to get an even bigger hammer but i didn't see the point :|.

the only thing i can think of is to raise the car on axel stands then drop the anti-roll bar but its such a hassle to do :(

anyone with any more ideas?

Ian

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
which bit did you heat up ????

as u need to heat the outer shroud as the heat expands whatever it heats so in theory u need to heat the overlapping section and then twist soit brakes the join that way it should then pullout!!

OP
OP
I

Ian

Ex. Club Member
heated up the overlapping pipe. I might just drop the antiroll bar then let the entire exhuast drop out from there.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
110, u for real mate? They aint much more than that brand new if u go to the right places. I paid £80 for mind second hand including postage from the south and it only had 1 ten mile run out of it. It was still properly coated when i got it.....

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Neil, prices vary and the last time i spoke with Matt Humphries he only had one manifold at £115. The reason for the second hand prices rising are due to Janspeed increasing their prices again.

If someone was to get the manifold off Ian for £110 delivered it would still be a £100 saving over new.

Mike

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
neil. also please read the rules ;)
The seller has a right to choose how much they want for an item, so dont winge if you cannot afford it.
:p

edit : also, please dont winge if you were daft enough to get rid of the car it fits onto!!!

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I'm interested in the manifold 'if' you remove it.....

But I dont want it to be b*ggered from you trying to get it off. It needs to be in 'as new' condition ideally. Otherwise I'll just pay double for a new one :)

OP
OP
I

Ian

Ex. Club Member
i have several people interested atm. i'll let you all know what happens. If i must i will take off the anti roll bar and drop the whole thing like that.

OP
OP
I

Ian

Ex. Club Member
the condition won't be 'as new' because they start to rust after about 3 weeks but its very solid and only has slight surface rust, will easily last years